Should Tony Cholwell resign? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Should Tony Cholwell resign?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
After his child abuse comments is he able to represent us? What does everyone think?

Mods, any chance of a poll being set up?

Aug 28, 2012
I think it was poor judgement on his part and misguided for sure but cause for resignation I think not. Incidentally the wording of the post is a little misleading "his child abuse comments" - his comments related to that but he made no child abuse comments per say.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
You think splitting a fanbase he is supposed to unite is ok?

What he said wad obscenely out of order and driven solely by a personal vendetta.

P

Paul_Roberts

Womble":1zbccb7x said:

What he said wad obscenely out of order and driven solely by a personal vendetta.

'Splitting the fanbase'? Maybe you should rephrase that to say 'splitting 0.1% of the fanbase' - which doesn't represent much of a split really does it?

The other 99.9% almost certainly couldn't give a flying one.

Aug 28, 2012
Womble":1omrjolu said:

I am a new poster on Pasoti so hadn't perhaps appreciated the history with ATD (I have just been on their site). In view of what I have read I can see your point about being divisive and that would be a great shame as it is clear depite many different opinions on both sites we all want the same end result which is sucess for PAFC.

I simly gave my opinion based on his post which as I said is misguided and with poor judgement. In society now we are all to prone to seek resignations without considering the bigger picture i.e he was appointed for a reason presumably as the best candidate and one poor post on Pasoti should not force a resignation - just my opinion as I say. Clearly I don't have a "past history" and in fact wouldn't know the guy if he was stood next to me right now.

C

Cult Of Personality

Yes Tony Cholwell was voted to rep the fan base

Tony has then attacked a group of the fan base how ever small it is he has attacked them and slated them

For me if a MP did this about the people in his town or city they would have to step down

Tony do the right thing step down

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Cult Of Personality":2q9tby79 said:
Yes Tony Cholwell was voted to rep the fan base

Tony has then attacked a group of the fan base how ever small it is he has attacked them and slated them

For me if a MP did this about the people in his town or city they would have to step down

Tony do the right thing step down

I see so its best we keep quiet about actions we consider insidious?

Well, that should get us a long way.

Stand down? I'll be stepping up again.

T

Trapdoor

Poor old TC always is outspoken BUT this time he is completely out of order ! Resigning should be the least he could do IMO.

Pasotimods

Apr 30, 2007
Womble, two of your posts have been removed because the dispute is between you and a poster on ATD and Tony Cholwell, it's nothing to do with Pasoti. Tony's contact details are readily available, we suggest you contact him away from Pasoti and ask him your latest question. Thanks.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Tony fight the fight against what you feel insiduous, i'm all for that. The thing is that you are now discussing what you call Argyle related matters as an elected member of PASB. As such you should represent your constituency. A constituency which has told you in no uncertain terms on this site that they dont agree with you. Fight your war Tony, I applaud any man who stands up for what he believes, but to do so you will have to resign. Otherwise the whole representing the fans to the Board is an utter nonsense and the PASB loses its legitimacy (if it ever had any).

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Damon.Lenszner":22ts2lgw said:
Tony fight the fight against what you feel insiduous, i'm all for that. The thing is that you are now discussing what you call Argyle related matters as an elected member of PASB. As such you should represent your constituency. A constituency which has told you in no uncertain terms on this site that they dont agree with you. Fight your war Tony, I applaud any man who stands up for what he believes, but to do so you will have to resign. Otherwise the whole representing the fans to the Board is an utter nonsense and the PASB loses its legitimacy (if it ever had any).

Damon, Thanks, but I'll pass on the offer

Pasoti is no ones constituency.

Having an opinion used to be what message boards are for. I stand by my opinion and see no conflict with being a PASB representertive. Im afraid your last sentance lost much of the fluency of the former ones.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Have your opinion mate. But you are a representative of the Argyle Supporters and you are not representing them or representative of them.

T

Tim Chown

tonycholwell":45n6fbg5 said:
I see so its best we keep quiet about actions we consider insidious?

So Tony, why have you not included the similar jokes in your post and emails that fans have told you happened at the FanFest and on the terraces at HP?

If you're not consistent, your action is likely to be perceived as driven by a personal dispute rather than a matter of principle.

Tim