Score predictions & away gate for Charlton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Score predictions & away gate for Charlton

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Cobi Budge":1a57m9ms said:
Tugboat":1a57m9ms said:
Cobi Budge":1a57m9ms said:
Won't happen but the team I'd like to see...

1711888_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg

Not bad but to play a LB at CB when you have 2 fully fit out and out CB’s in the team goes to show what a blunder recruitment has been.

I could understand Sawyer at CB as cover through injury’s or suspensions but not when Grant, Canavan and Edwards are fit.

Yep, it's pretty depressing but I'd still have Sawyer at CB ahead of Wootton, Canavan & Grant, he's more of a leader, and his positional sense is much better.
:iagree: :thumbup:

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Cobi Budge":2w6hu1ni said:
Tugboat":2w6hu1ni said:
Cobi Budge":2w6hu1ni said:

Not bad but to play a LB at CB when you have 2 fully fit out and out CB’s in the team goes to show what a blunder recruitment has been.

I could understand Sawyer at CB as cover through injury’s or suspensions but not when Grant, Canavan and Edwards are fit.

Yep, it's pretty depressing but I'd still have Sawyer at CB ahead of Wootton, Canavan & Grant, he's more of a leader, and his positional sense is much better.

Aug 11, 2013
The Edwards Sawyer centre back pairing has already been tried and it failed. 3 goals conceded at a canter. Time for Peter Grant and a prayer?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Only other option is 3 CB’s and play with wingbacks supporting midfield

Aug 11, 2013
Tugboat":2f5ayjyr said:
Only other option is 3 CB’s and play with wingbacks supporting midfield

Might work.

The defence issue seems intractable. We've tried just about everything to shore things up and everything has failed.

Sawyer (and to a degree Edwards) excepted our back 4 look like they're playing in a meaningless friendly every week. I cannot remember in all my 40 years at Argyle a poorer centre back than Wootton at division 3 level. Completely stealing a living in professional football.

Dec 3, 2005
Score predictions & team away for Charlton - I really dread to think.

But knowing Argyle we will surprise everyone :)

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Clem":2fyg29oc said:
Cobi Budge":2fyg29oc said:
Tugboat":2fyg29oc said:
Cobi Budge":2fyg29oc said:

:iagree:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wouldn’t be surprised by another defeat give our disorganised defence and tame scoring ability but I also wouldn’t be surprised at a much improved performance and a smash and grab victory given how we often go from one end of the spectrum to the other with little inbetween.

Poor defence, not taking chances against a strong team at home could mean only one thing.

0-2

Taylor, Edwards

Oct 31, 2015
3-0 unless we fluke a goal.

Hopefully he will start with the team who finished on Saturday but more likely to go defensive, probably 5 across the midfield with Freddie up top by himself

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":bstgb9uk said:
The Edwards Sawyer centre back pairing has already been tried and it failed. 3 goals conceded at a canter. Time for Peter Grant and a prayer?
The back 4 was left so exposed by Songo'o not doing his job properly that day though. I'd like to think that with Fox in there we'd be more solid.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":3o35a6tq said:

Like this team - the one concern being Fox's lack of legs to play in a midfield two, Ruben would have to work back quite a lot. With that in mind, I'd probably shift it slightly and go O'Keefe in for Ladapo and go 4-1-2-3. Bench of: Letheren, Riley, Wootton, Songo'o, J.Grant, Ladapo, Dyson.

Result: a classic 0-1 smash and grab out of nowhere.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It’ll be 4-1-4-1

Songo’o in the hole, Ladapo up front with Carey, Ok, Sarcevic and Fox in midfield

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Like virtually everyone else, cannot see anything other than another morale-sapping, straightforward capitulation.

Team;

GK Macey
RB Riley
CB Edwards
CB Sawyer
LB Smith-Brown
DM Songo'o
DM Fox
AM Sarcevic
RF Carey
CF Taylor
LF Lameiras

Subs : Letheren, Moore, Wootton, O'Keefe, J.Grant, Ladapo, Fletcher

Jul 6, 2011
Cobi Budge":14rif866 said:

Er no.. not for me.
I'd probably go against charlton

Macey
Riley
Edwards
Wootton
Sawyer
Fox
Sarcevic
Ness
Carey