Score predictions & away gate for Charlton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Score predictions & away gate for Charlton

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The balance of probability says we have to win a game sometime this season.

With that in mind DA will go defensive to try and do a 0 - 1 smash and grab victory but sadly it will all go wrong in the first 10 mins and we end up losing 4 - 0.

DA says we should have won by 5 though in denial

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":11kyktof said:
Shankster":11kyktof said:
Will make sure I truly soak before I get to the ground, sound ominous

No....

What?

By the sounds of this neurosis I will make sure I’m suitably inebriated prior to getting to the ground

everybody seems somewhat pessimistic

Sep 8, 2018
I think the result on Saturday could be very significant.

We've scored 1 goal for every 180 minutes of play in the league so far this season and conceded almost 1 per 45 minutes. We've got a manager who doesn't appear to have a clear idea of what his best squad or tactical set-up is. And who happily admits that his priority is to play defensively (said he was delighted to be 0-0 at half time at Bristol) but with a set of defenders who don't look remotely capable of executing that plan. His post-match comments (we should have won, we deserved better etc.) and blind insistence that it I'll turn around without any indication of what he's going to do to change things are not convincing anybody.

I'll be over the moon if Argyle pull off a shock win at Charlton but I have a gut feel that another 3,4,5 nil humiliation might be the last straw. Fans are very unhappy and the attendance at Home Park is already down by 1,000 on the start of the season. Won't be long on current form before crowds drop below 8,000 and possibly worse. Bearing in mind that next season we'll have a new stand and ground capacity will be over 17,000 (I think?) the powers-that-be at Home Park have got to be seriously concerned. That's a hell of a big stadium for League 2 football.

I know we'll only be 9 games in after Saturday but the real concern is the manager's stubborn refusal to even pretend that he recognises his plan isn't working. No idea what this will mean in practice given his long contract but I just feel we're heading for a crisis point.

Obviously we will now win 2-0 and it will all be ok!

Jan 6, 2004
I would guess there are more than 1,000 Argyle fans living in London, so I still reckon we will get at least 1,500 (think it was 3,000 away sell out last year albeit in very different circumstances)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die,
into the Valley of Death rode the:

9,023 (1400 Greens)

We're doomed!! :facepalm:

so, based on my 53 seasons of watching:

0-1 to the Arggyyyylllee!! :scarf: :thumbs: :scarf:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Won't happen but the team I'd like to see...

1711888_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":2t0ytbqi said:

Not bad but to play a LB at CB when you have 2 fully fit out and out CB’s in the team goes to show what a blunder recruitment has been.

I could understand Sawyer at CB as cover through injury’s or suspensions but not when Grant, Canavan and Edwards are fit.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tugboat":o03m97yo said:
Cobi Budge":o03m97yo said:

Not bad but to play a LB at CB when you have 2 fully fit out and out CB’s in the team goes to show what a blunder recruitment has been.

I could understand Sawyer at CB as cover through injury’s or suspensions but not when Grant, Canavan and Edwards are fit.

Yep, it's pretty depressing but I'd still have Sawyer at CB ahead of Wootton, Canavan & Grant, he's more of a leader, and his positional sense is much better.