Sarcevic | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sarcevic

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
When he came on, he looked lively. Shame if he’s fallen out with management. I mean, Stockport or Bolton. Like going from Argyle to Exeter. Bit of a come down
More to the point, going from League 1 to non league. Things must be bad.

May 16, 2016
Part of me hopes it's a deeper problem than just being benched against us. After all the apparent turmoil he suffered in deciding to leave here (as I understood his departure), to leave as Club Captain on a one off teacups and toys session after one game seems a bit rash.

Whatever went on, it's not really of concern to us now, so best of luck to him. At least he doesn't have to move.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
How come he can transfer at this point in the season? Is it different if you go to a National League side?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
before he joined us he had a ruck with the manager at his previous club.he did well for us in the 4th but that is his level i think.
To be fair he had a very good second half to the season with us in league 1 but yes league 2 probably a place he can shine in. I would guess no drop in salary, every chance of promotion to league 2, the security of a 3 year contract and even closer to home will all have softened the blow.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I thought Bolton generally looked not really up for the fight on Tuesday. Just that extra few % was missing. Don't know whether it runs deeper than Sarcevic, but once you start to lose team spirit it's awfully difficult to get it back. Ask Derek Adams.

Conversely it's no coincidence that most successful sides have great team spirit. Think Sturrock Mk1 - and this present side where you really feel they all love playing for Lowe and each other. It's a valuable thing to have.

I feel for Sarcevic.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
More to the point, going from League 1 to non league. Things must be bad.

I thought the same. What a shambles. Stockport are currently in 10th place so Sarcevic could be stuck in non-league for a while unless he moves again next summer despite the 3 year contract.

League Two is where Sarcevic flourishes, it never really works out for him in League One.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He’ll more than likely better his contract and get some sort of signing on bonus.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
My daughter has just moved from Plymouth to Stockport and is going to look out for him :)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
He’s officially signed for them on a free transfer on a two and a half year deal

Apr 1, 2009
I thought Bolton generally looked not really up for the fight on Tuesday. Just that extra few % was missing. Don't know whether it runs deeper than Sarcevic, but once you start to lose team spirit it's awfully difficult to get it back. Ask Derek Adams.

Conversely it's no coincidence that most successful sides have great team spirit. Think Sturrock Mk1 - and this present side where you really feel they all love playing for Lowe and each other. It's a valuable thing to have.

I feel for Sarcevic.
I'm not quite sure why you feel for him. He was out of contract next summer and has decided that this is the path of greatest security for him. I suspect he's a man whose emotions can switch quickly between extremes.

He did well for us, particularly in his final season, but tend to agree that L2 is the level at which he is proven. I saw him described as an "Argyle legend" the other day which, even in an age of hyperbole, surprised me. Nevertheless I wish him well.

Jul 20, 2021
Didn't it say somewhere before Tuesday's game that Sarcevic had been playing with an injury lately? So would have made sense for him not to have started the match.