Safe standing - Herald article | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Safe standing - Herald article

Feb 8, 2005
Shankster":3q715pfv said:
I’m not sure how the old farts can see from the gods up in the Moan Stand??

Well they cannot see from behind someone who insists on standing up just in front of them!!!!

C

Cult Of Personality

The question is . Do the club just move the moaners to the middle of the Lyndhurts and leave the standers . Or do they start throwing out the Standers who have been with the club through thick and thin and they never come back ... Easy choice i think for the rest of the season

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":3sd4tdeq said:

Easily the best view in the house.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, easily. Plus Mr (PC) Shankster, you're quick enough to complain via E mail when something you don't like is posted on here, so perhaps you should note such overt agism is not acceptable either.

Let that be a very friendly warning.

I can say it (not because I'm the owner), but because I am an old fart

The club is right, it's the stupidity of the law that is galling.

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":xr0c7vqm said:
Shankster":xr0c7vqm said:

Well they cannot see from behind someone who insists on standing up just in front of them!!!!

Well they're bl@@dy lucky then.

Mar 8, 2016
Fans will be issuing their own warning to the club soon, any more shi1t that unlucky ones who were able to see will not be returning to home park until further notice.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
For a club that prides itself on its backing both home and away, there’s a surprising amount of people (officials AND fans) that seem hell bent on sanitising any kind of atmosphere that Argyle fans make.

Why aren’t people stood in other blocks of the Lyndhurst being made to sit? Why aren’t they getting chucked out by stewards when they go for a pee?

The Argyle statement talks about friendly, respectful stewarding yet in reality it’s far from the case. Somebody is sat in a control box all eyes fixed on Block 14 and as soon as an individual goes under the stand they’re jumped on by three or four stewards, all whilst there’s plenty others stood in the block above them.

No lines of sight are being blocked by people stood at the very back row and the club are well on their way to alienating fans that still turned up, Home and away, and put their money in when the average Home gates dropped below 6,000.

Well done Argyle. Fantastic work.

Danknight98

✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2016
Sam Barker":j48ycoo9 said:
For a club that prides itself on its backing both home and away, there’s a surprising amount of people (officials AND fans) that seem hell bent on sanitising any kind of atmosphere that Argyle fans make.

Why aren’t people stood in other blocks of the Lyndhurst being made to sit? Why aren’t they getting chucked out by stewards when they go for a pi$$?

The Argyle statement talks about friendly, respectful stewarding yet in reality it’s far from the case. Somebody is sat in a control box all eyes fixed on Block 14 and as soon as an individual goes under the stand they’re jumped on by three or four stewards, all whilst there’s plenty others stood in the block above them.

No lines of sight are being blocked by people stood at the very back row and the club are well on their way to alienating fans that still turned up, Home and away, and put their money in when the average Home gates dropped below 6,000.

Well done Argyle. Fantastic work.

Couldn't have put it better myself...

Danknight98

✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2016
As one of the fans targeted I can take relocating for the rest of this season, that's fine.
However when the Grandmoaners bugger off back blocks 15-18 NEED to remain open so everyone can relocate back there.

Atmosphere at Home Park has been dead ever since Zoo Corner has originally been shut.

Oct 16, 2016
I’m encroaching old fartness, plus repeating the representation the site owner made within this thread in relation to old farts (his words not mine)

The smell of lavender and Mild is off-putting on the Lyndhurst this season

Dec 21, 2015
santos73":3cdibm4g said:
IJN":3cdibm4g said:
It does Den, but that doesn't help the people that want to stand does it?

The law is a stupid one, beyond belief ridiculous.

I understand what you are saying, but it is an all-seater stadium. Its not stupid if you are sat behind a persistant stander and cannot watch the game because you want to/have to sit, in an all-seater stadium.

It seems to be quite clear that if you want to stand, go to the Devonport End.

Umm maybe me being pedantic here ...but your saying it's an all seater stadium so go stand on the Devonport end ??

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Not that I want this to happen but they can't say standing is against ground regs in an all seater stadium and will be punished in one area but tolerated in another.
If its against ground regs and they are going to enforce those ground regs then it would have to be stadium wide, including the Devonport End.
The sooner actual areas of safe standing with rail seats are introduced the better, so that it is clearly demarked where standing will happen so no complaints can be made by persons entering that area and not wishing to stand

Feb 8, 2005
There appears to be a very selfish attitude from some on here.

There needs to be a little more sympathy for those who have been herded into a situation that is of not their own doing.

Their grandstand "home" is being refurbished and they have had to re-locate.

With season ticket holders holding onto their seats in the Lyndhurst, there was little room for movement for groups of two, three, and more people who would have liked to have been seated near to each other with their normal view on the centre line, a view that they have had to give up.

These people will be returning to their grandstand homes next season.

Can we not have a little bit of sympathy for these people, and maybe a less selfish viewpoint of their demise.

Oct 31, 2015
Blimey im in the picture standing!!!!

Thats me on a warning :)

Such a shame the club have resorted to this. I heard some in Zoo corner who always stand were told to sit because someone who normally sits in the grandstand complained and he was sat in front!!!

I appreciate its a difficult one for the club.

I have to say though when the horseshoe was being built we were herded into the mayflower terracing week in week out and our view was terrible so part of me says suck it up but I also get it could be frustrating