Safe standing - Herald article | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Safe standing - Herald article

Oct 16, 2016
Are you kidding? 90 mins of sobriety is just the ticket (although argyle have surpassed themselves with the new amenities, it’s the only thing improved mind you)

Oct 24, 2010
SwimWithTheTide":3m9mfroy said:
I guess the modern game with sky's analysis has turned many into passive viewers. Rather than treating the attendance of a football match as an engaging experience, it seems some prefer it to be the same as watching it on Tele but with less angles and a bit of wind. Miserable buggers.

If your other halfs can drag you round John Lewis and the high street for several hours, I think you can proudly get behind your team and stand up for 45 minutes. I know plenty of elderly fans who still prefer to stand, the same as they've always done and to be portrayed as frail twigs ready to snap upon the first instance of a straightened knee is pretty insulting.

Quit overthinking what it is to be a football fan. You never know, you might actually enjoy it. Never let the football spoil a good day out at the football.
This post highlights how football is a different experience for different fans. As you say it's not all to do with age, when I was a teenager I rarely stood in the Devonport End, I couldn't be assed with all the singing and chanting and liked to stand on the halfway line high up so I got a better view and appreciation of the match. I was delighted when I was able to do that sitting down.

May 1, 2011
esmer":cg855plq said:
SwimWithTheTide":cg855plq said:
I guess the modern game with sky's analysis has turned many into passive viewers. Rather than treating the attendance of a football match as an engaging experience, it seems some prefer it to be the same as watching it on Tele but with less angles and a bit of wind. Miserable buggers.

If your other halfs can drag you round John Lewis and the high street for several hours, I think you can proudly get behind your team and stand up for 45 minutes. I know plenty of elderly fans who still prefer to stand, the same as they've always done and to be portrayed as frail twigs ready to snap upon the first instance of a straightened knee is pretty insulting.

Quit overthinking what it is to be a football fan. You never know, you might actually enjoy it. Never let the football spoil a good day out at the football.
This post highlights how football is a different experience for different fans. As you say it's not all to do with age, when I was a teenager I rarely stood in the Devonport End, I couldn't be assed with all the singing and chanting and liked to stand on the halfway line high up so I got a better view and appreciation of the match. I was delighted when I was able to do that sitting down.

And if you do want to sit down then you should be free to do so unopposed and luckily you can do despite a minority standing in Block 14.

Oct 24, 2010
Bristol Rich":2egq08cq said:
esmer":2egq08cq said:
SwimWithTheTide":2egq08cq said:

And if you do want to sit down then you should be free to do so unopposed and luckily you can do despite a minority standing in Block 14.
If people want to stand at the back of block 14 and they don't obstruct anybody's view then they should be free to do so. Not sure of the logic how the club can allow standing in the Devonport End and not there.

Oct 16, 2016
As a matter of interest, if you’re watching the games today (Premiership) you’ll note the entire away end and the old Clock End at emirates (appreciate it isn’t the click end anymore) standing

Very modern stadium with all the requisite amenities

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shankster":3jd8a5jo said:
As a matter of interest, if you’re watching the games today (Premiership) you’ll note the entire away end and the old Clock End at emirates (appreciate it isn’t the click end anymore) standing

Very modern stadium with all the requisite amenities

I didn't watch the Premiership game but I doubt Kilmarnock is that modern a stadium.

I watched the Arsenal v Everton game though and yes, there were many standers.

However no matter which League you are watching be it The Premier League, The Premiership or League One, it is still grossly impolite to stand in front of people who are unable to stand for long periods.