Ryan Taylor | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Taylor

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Jannerbear":1vj0by2z said:
Argyle-sy":1vj0by2z said:
No disrespect to the OP but to say Ryan isn't league One standard is utterly laughable. He is by far and away one of the best players we have at the club at the moment, his return to the team has seen one of the biggest transformations in form I can remember in my 30+ years following Argyle. He isn't a 15 goal a season a striker, but he sure as hell is one of the best in the league at holding play up and bringing played like Carey and Lamerias into the game which creates numerous chances for other players. As others have said he is very much a player in the trigger mode, I would say technically a better player with better guile and movement. We are lucky to have in, we have to hope we can bring someone in as an able back up for it things don't improve on the injury front with Church.

I didn’t say he wasn’t League One standard. Just not sure if he’s good enough for a top 6 team.
He’s massively important to the current team, but in my own (seemingly unique) opinion he’s maybe not quite at that level

We are in the play off positions are we not ?. Ask yourself 2 questions, where in the league would we be now if Taylor had been out injured all that time ?, and where in the table would we be now if he had been fit and playing all season ?. Personally I think if Ryan hadn't been out injured we would be pushing for the top 3, so I think it is safe to say that he is definitely top/playoff league 1 standard.