Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle

Aug 5, 2015
My daughter went to uni at Lancaster. Lancashire is actually very nice. Unlike Southport which is Liverpool by the sea, the locals are true Lancastrians. I don’t think they’ll put up with any scouser bullpoo any more than we did.

Jul 24, 2009
My daughter went to uni at Lancaster. Lancashire is actually very nice. Unlike Southport which is Liverpool by the sea, the locals are true Lancastrians. I don’t think they’ll put up with any scouser bullpoo any more than we did.
Bit harsh, not sure why Southport is being brought into it this is & is actually a nice place? Plus it gave us one of Argyle's greatest managers - Tony Waiters...

Reactions: chester
Dec 30, 2020
Lowe does seem to have an absolutely collossal ego and a love of the limelight, but when he was down here and doing well people contrasted his media work and attention hogging with Derek Adams more private persona, talking about how it was bringing profile to the club, creating a buzz around the fan base etc.

Schumacher comes across as a humbler, more collegiate personality but a couple more results like yesterday and people will be using this to say he’s too nice or not a big enough character to be a manager.

Lowe’s general demeanour and the manner of his departure do - perhaps rightly - mean he won’t be remembered as fondly as other promotion winning Argyle managers.

But I struggle to get that hung up on what managers say in interviews versus what they do for us on the pitch. Lowe did pretty well. While the way he’s talked about his time at Argyle has lacked a bit of class, that’s a matter for him. It doesn’t make any difference to the position the club is now in.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
It seems if only Chris Errington had put the right number in his phone, then some of the negative comments might have been so bad on here. Looks like Lowe wanted to say goodbye to Green Army but didn't get the chance because of a wrong number.
Good heavens you’re easily fooled. He was on twitter after his departure, therefore had the perfect opportunity to thank the fans and club. Just like Alfie Lewis thanked St Pats, just like Keiran Agard did when he departed. Lowe was bitter. As he says, Schuey was appointed before he’d even resigned and we’d denied him his trusty number two and best mate. He stuck two big fat fingers up at us. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise

Reactions: Ponty
May 8, 2011
Good heavens you’re easily fooled. He was on twitter after his departure, therefore had the perfect opportunity to thank the fans and club. Just like Alfie Lewis thanked St Pats, just like Keiran Agard did when he departed. Lowe was bitter. As he says, Schuey was appointed before he’d even resigned and we’d denied him his trusty number two and best mate. He stuck two big fat fingers up at us. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise
How could Schumacher have been appointed before Lowe resigned, there wasn’t a vacancy until the resignation was accepted.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
How could Schumacher have been appointed before Lowe resigned, there wasn’t a vacancy until the resignation was accepted.
I think Schuey's appointment as Argyle Manager was announced before Lowe was announced as PNE Manager? Kevb77 is only paraphrasing what Lowe said. I can't bring myself to listen to it again so someone else can check the wording.

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
This is a transcript of the interview with Aaron Paul, from the Plymouth live website.CDD74A07-BF99-49F0-AD49-236E3A6B47CC.png

Last edited by a moderator: