Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ryan Lowe comment on Argyle

May 8, 2011
Read the article! It says exactly that!
It might be what he is reported as saying but you cannot appoint someone to a post that that the post holder hasn’t resigned from without a very good chance of setting off all sorts of legal and compensation claims.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
How parochial Derek.

At least I start at Cullompton.

I go back to the days of charabanc trips to the London Inn, what excitement.

Aug 5, 2016
The Herald wouldn't be a difficult media organisation to get hold of if you honestly wanted to get hold of them to say a few nice departing words.

This - With the exception of not being h welcome back in Plymouth.

He certainly won’t ever get a welcoming parade at HP should he ever bring a team down but I’d like to think he wouldn’t be lynched if he was to ever return to the city in a non football involvement.

Time is a healer but we won’t ever forget.
There is a big difference between organising a welcoming parade and getting lynched (as the two examples you suggested), and plenty of middle ground between the two.

Lowe coming back will forever generate hostility and a match full of anti-Lowe songs I'm sure, such is the ill-feeling from the way he handled his departure for Preston.

In my opinion it really didn't need to be this way. He handled it badly.

Paul Sturrock left with sufficient fondness to come back and begin a second stint with the club. Ryan Lowe - I'm not so sure the fans will ever have him coming back to manage here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWTT
Jul 27, 2021
I believe that Lowe loved being here but he's obviously ruthlessly ambitious to get to a higher level as a manager than he could do as a player.

I have heard him talk about being way ahead of his coaching career trajectory than he had planned to be by his age so that made it all the more surprising he upped sticks for Preston at this stage.

He obviously has a penchant for exaggerating with his quotes, but I actually hope he matures and becomes a top level coach. But I do believe he will end up regretting leaving PAFC at this stage of his career.

Anyway, Schuey's at the wheel and the future look's bright for Argyle so I don't think we should give much energy towards Lowe now tbh.
Not allowed to reply with facts as I will be banned again . Lowe has a very nice ex flat though.

** Site Admin** You were banned for a few days as you insisted on repeating a rumour which cannot be proved. All posters who wanted to tittle tattle were warned, you persisted in repeating the rumour. If you do it again, your ban will be doubled and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Oct 14, 2015
I don’t think he’ll get a great welcome should he turn up at HP again. The manner in which he left has soured a lot of Argyle fans opinions of him.

Jun 27, 2019
It might be what he is reported as saying but you cannot appoint someone to a post that that the post holder hasn’t resigned from without a very good chance of setting off all sorts of legal and compensation claims.
It's obviously just more BS from Lowe. People need to realise that this guy is cut from the same cloth as Holloway - another infamous lier and disloyal snake.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Jul 7, 2005
It's obviously just more BS from Lowe. People need to realise that this guy is cut from the same cloth as Holloway - another infamous lier and disloyal snake.
As an aside, and it's a completely hypothetical conundrum, if the timings were different, would he have taken the Everton job?

May 8, 2011
As an aside, and it's a completely hypothetical conundrum, if the timings were different, would he have taken the Everton job?
The Everton fans wouldn’t accept him for the same reason they didn’t want Benitez.
I think people don’t realise just how much Evertonians despise and loathe anything or anyone connected with Liverpool FC. It all started with Heysel and the impact they perceive the European ban on English teams had on Everton who had just won the League.

May 21, 2015
All I heard in that podcast was more egocentric nonsense. We've moved on.
The best part of it was his admission that the club had approached Schuey to replace him before he formally resigned. Parkinson/Hallett/Board yet again wasting no time and being decisive.

Re: Errington, it's a wierd one. It's quite easy nowadays to reply via text to a missed call/message without having to input a number. But it's still largely irrelevant.
He was more than capable of saying something in his early press conferences at North End, instead he decided to give it the big one.

Regardless, he now becomes history and I look forward to the future for Argyle.

Reactions: Frank the Phone
Jul 7, 2005
The Everton fans wouldn’t accept him for the same reason they didn’t want Benitez.
I think people don’t realise just how much Evertonians despise and loathe anything or anyone connected with Liverpool FC. It all started with Heysel and the impact they perceive the European ban on English teams had on Everton who had just won the League.
I really didn't wish to drag out this thread, but I have only just read the above reply which I feel needs a response, and also I should clarify my original post.

I think just about everyone with even the merest interest in English football knows about the feelings between Liverpool and Everton - they detest each other. Hence the fans' shock and anger of Benitez's appointment, all of which has been covered to death in the sports' media.

I don't want anyone thinking I didn't understand that. This is why I used Everton as the extreme hypothetical example in my short and inadequately phrased post.

There are not many managers at this level who would turn down the opportunity to manage ANY Premier League club.

This thread is largely about our former manager's ruthless ambition and immense ego.

I feel these two traits could cause him a massive conundrum if in the unlikely event he was ever offered the Everton job.

Ego versus principles?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Still hanging on aren’t we.

🥱