Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe is now at 16/1 to be the Bolton manager and at 20/1 to be the new Birmingham City manager.

Birmingham fans are discussing the possibility of Lowe as their new manager ... fans forum

Young relatively inexperienced manager who would be an ideal manager for Blues. Spent his football career playing around the lower leagues where he finished at Bury..Ā 
Became their caretaker manager and his career has rocketed from there. First saw his Bury side last season when they played Exeter and was blown away with their performance. Played a fast and exciting quick passing game and easily the best side that I have seen playing at St. James Park.Ā 
Bury were deep in the financial mire and yet he go them promoted only for the club to go bankrupt the following season. Joined Argyle and quickly sorted out a poor squad whilst spending the minimum amount of money. This season he has achieved yet another promotion with what a season ticket holder, living in my village, described as the best footballing side that he has ever seen at Home Park.Ā 
Lowe's managerial style has interested and been complimented by JĆ¼rgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola and Rafa BenĆ­tez amongs others.He is attack-minded, and Bury in 2018-19 were one of the Football League's highest-scoring teams; their style, described as "gung-ho".Ā 
I havenā€™t checked but if Argyle have got any sense they will have him on a long term contract but if he does well then Iā€™m sure that the big clubs will come knocking. Scouser so some Blues fans would have to overcome their prejudices but I donā€™t think that thereā€™s a chance in hell of us getting him. Name to note.

You think? I don't know much about him but if Blues want Plymouth Argyles manager then we will have Plymouth Argyle's manager, that might sound arrogant but he'd walk over broken glass to manage a club like ours in the Championship and we'd be able to buy him out of his current contract no bother.

Jul 24, 2009
Tugboat":5dhkqyc1 said:
IJN":5dhkqyc1 said:
I can see only one reason. Thatā€™s the one that worries me.

What, Location?
His family are based on Merseyside & travel down here regularly for home games, and him back there after away games. Not an ideal journey at the best of times and not helped by Flybe's unfortunate demise. We would be naive to think a North West team in the Championship and potentially League One (depending on the set up) wouldn't be attractive.

That said, he clearly is an ambitious man and will have career goals. The move to Bolton makes sufficient little sense on the face of it that I think he will pass it by even if they could afford the compensation.

Jul 12, 2016
What will be will be. Nothing we can do if RL jumps ship and no doubt there are other promising managers out there who could do a good job for us. Even in the current climate we would be an attractive proposition with SH at the head and the facilities he has invested in.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I get that.

I would like to see him at the head of our club in League One though.

He's bound to go, we all know that. Hope we have two years of him though.

Jul 24, 2009
IJN":3r7cthhp said:
Yeah I get that.

I would like to see him at the head of our club in League One though.

He's bound to go, we all know that. Hope we have two years of him though.
I hope and expect he'll be here next season. If not, our model should be Swansea during their rise up the divisions a decade back. Kenny Jacket took them up from league 2, Roberto Martinez from league 1 and Brendan Rodgers from the Championship. If you get the framework of the club right, as Simon Hallett seems to be, and you get your managerial appointments right then losing a gifted manager eg Martinez doesn't need to spell disaster.

As I said I hope and expect Lowe will be here next year.

Jan 27, 2012
Lowe is still learning. He managed promotion winning teams in his last two seasons, but Bury and Argyle appear to have been well funded for League Two, which would have helped him. I can understand why Bolton would be keen to appoint someone who knows League Two and has had success there, but there are plently of other good mangers around. I can't imagine Bolton paying compensation to Argyle in the current financial climate. While Argyle managers come and go all the time, I find it an unlikely move for Lowe at the moment. Unless he is desperate to move further north closer to Liverpool.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I think he'll stay. However if we have another good season I can't see us holding onto him. RL will manage in the Premier League.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":52tdosxq said:
You think? I don't know much about him but if Blues want Plymouth Argyles manager then we will have Plymouth Argyle's manager, that might sound arrogant but he'd walk over broken glass to manage a club like ours in the Championship and we'd be able to buy him out of his current contract no bother.

Some delusion of grandeur there, from that Brum fan.

Aston Villa are the team in Birmingham, and Iā€™d put City as a smaller club than Wolves and West Brom too.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":rpu4kvno said:
PL2 3DQ":rpu4kvno said:

Some delusion of grandeur there, from that Brum fan.

Aston Villa are the team in Birmingham, and Iā€™d put City as a smaller club than Wolves and West Brom too.

Brexit? Covid?? Nope, nothing stops Birmingham City in their pomp, no way they can fail. No way they'll ever be struggling for money!! You ask all around the world about famous British Clubs, it's: Man Utd, Liverpool, Birmingham City, all the way!! :whistle: :lol:

Dorset Green

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I think RL will manage in the Premier League, but probably not via Bolton or Birmingham. Hope we can keep him for at least another season.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Serves us right if he does go - james Brent stated that every manager that we appoint after Sheridan would move down here lock stock and barrel. Yet we let Lowe live up north whilst managing us! Always ends in disappointment eventually....

Jul 24, 2009
edmonds200":2lyfr7lq said:
Serves us right if he does go - james Brent stated that every manager that we appoint after Sheridan would move down here lock stock and barrel. Yet we let Lowe live up north whilst managing us! Always ends in disappointment eventually....
Would he have signed if we'd made that a deal breaker? Maybe, quite likely not. Would we have been better with a lesser manager who lived in the area? We may well still be a league two club. We'll see how it plays out, no doubt we got the right man last summer and I doubt he'd go to Bolton.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
edmonds200":1d9fipkt said:

Yes but James Brent wasn't in charge to make the decision was he? :think:
I don't think a Chairman can promise what a future Chairman will do, can he?
Football history would be way different if that happened!