Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe - Bolton (and now Birmingham)

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Given their financial troubles, and his history at Bury surely he'd rather not be putting himself in that position again!

Like it has been said before, most of the players he brought back are signed on for next season, he would have to rebuild from scratch with players he mostly hasn't managed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
According to the Twitterati thereā€™s a few on the Bolton boards.,

Why am I being asked this, like all rumours they probably stem from a single source which is possibly the betting site that has him on it.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":3gqtf6hu said:

Why am I being asked this, like all rumours they probably stem from a single source which is possibly the betting site that has him on it.

The local rag's thoughts - notice constantly indicates paying compo a down side for candidates- relax, have good weekend all.

We are back in League 1. :scarf:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... departure/

Jun 27, 2019
If he jumps ship again he'll get a reputation. He's ambitious but not at the expense of his standing in the game.

Aug 5, 2015
I agree. Bolton are more likely to do it on the cheap like they did with Keith Hill, bless him. Canā€™t see them having the readies to splash out on anyone expensive and whether or not itā€™s Lowe I dare say they would have to stump up cash, which they donā€™t have. Iā€™d be more worried if it was Salford. Bolton May have the name but Salford has the money

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Not worried one bit.

I canā€™t see 1 reason why Lowe would leave Argyle for Bolton.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can see only one reason. Thatā€™s the one that worries me.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":123h94f1 said:
I can see only one reason. Thatā€™s the one that worries me.

What, Location?

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":22ljd4td said:

Have you seen the amounts of Twits on there?

Still a rumour Paul. Like all rumours they start somewhere and these days it's usually Social Media.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 25, 2016
s.whitey92":1agg9edn said:
He's already taken a step down a league to join us, I don't think he'd do it again. If he has one more good season with us, he'll get Championship job offers. I not particularly worried about this rumour.

Think if Bury didnā€™t have the problems of field, he wouldnā€™t of left them for us

Mar 29, 2020
What people have got to realise is we are a League 1 / League 2 club now unless we get money pumped in to our club...I hope Iā€™m totally wrong....it wasnā€™t that long ago a lot of Argyle fans thought the same....if we ever get to the Championship it would be a massive achievement....if we are bottom after 10/12 games fans will turn and Ryan Lowe....He has never experienced that as a manager....In Ryan Lowe we trust. :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
With the financial landscape in football changing I can't see many clubs affording the compensation due to us if a club wants Lowe as their new manager.
But whenever the season starts and a north or north west based Championship club is struggling and has the financial resources they might try to grab Lowe, especially if we have a good start in League One.

There are not many managers around who have won back-to-back promotions, playing attractive football and has a positivity and enthusiasm that lifts a club and fans.

Mar 29, 2020
Football fans are the most fickle people on the planet...if your team is winning everything about your team and club is brilliant but if your team is losing itā€™s the complete opposite....fact.

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
3 reasons why I think we need not worry:

1) I sense RL and co. are on a mission to build Argyle into a club that will compete in the top half of the Championship in 3 or 4 years time.
If RL succeeds with this vision his reputation as a manager will be far greater than jumping ship now and getting Bolton to a similar position in say 5 years time.
2) Bolton have sacked and will continue to sack managers far more often than Argyle. If RL jumps ship he could easily be unemployed 6 months from now. I think he would be mad to take that risk.
3) If RL left Argyle he would want to take most if not all of his backroom team plus numerous players (especially Danny Mayor) with him. Bolton (and many others) do not (at this time) have the finances to compensate Argyle. However, if a club could compensate, we would be in for a substantial windfall.

In short, don't worry too much!