Ryan Hardie | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Hardie

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ll admit it, I wasn’t sure if he could make the step up to the Championship, I even criticised him at times in League 1. But he seems to have added so many more strings to his bow, and in a short period of time. Not only is he scoring goals this season, he looks stronger, he looks smarter, he’s linking play, he’s looking so much more rounded. Long may it continue.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Absolutely, he wasn't in my list of players good enough for the step up (said he misses too many chances and chances should be few and far between at a higher level so we can't afford to waste them) and have been proved very wrong. He's been excellent every game so far.

Mar 23, 2008
Some players thrive at better levels, I mentioned this as did others in the Summer, that at a higher level you sometimes get more space.
He struggled against packed defences with a low block in league 1 but in the Championship he has more room and can use his pace better in open spaces.
That said he's also clearly improved and upped his game.

Reactions: leeroy221
Aug 16, 2008
I’ll admit it, I wasn’t sure if he could make the step up to the Championship, I even criticised him at times in League 1. But he seems to have added so many more strings to his bow, and in a short period of time. Not only is he scoring goals this season, he looks stronger, he looks smarter, he’s linking play, he’s looking so much more rounded. Long may it continue.
Agree with all that and would add that he is also better in the air than I have seen him before

Jul 5, 2023
I've been a Hardie fan since the minute he joined. He works hard, does so much without the ball. He's always exciting to watch. If he hasn't shone in games it's because he's not had the service. I'm agreeing with Cobi, he's added new elements to his game. Also as a player you don't stay at Argyle for so long without buying into the Argyle philosophy, and being an honorary Janner. I remember last season Azaz said he
loves playing with hotdog. If Azaz, Morgs and Hardie can keep replicating today's fluidity, we're in for an exciting season.

Feb 19, 2021
I've been a long term fan but wavered a bit last year. Delighted he's doing so well. He speaks so highly of the club as well. Legend.

Apr 1, 2009
Agree, I think he has improved a lot, added to his game and worked on his weaknesses.

I've heard too many people doubt our squad ,because we haven't added proven Championship players, and are relying mainly on those who played last year. Yes, the names may be the same, but so many players are more experienced and much improved from the start of last season. Whittaker, Mumba, Azaz, and Randell, as well as Hardie, are youngish players who now look at home at this level. Perhaps the biggest surprise of the lot, however, is the more experienced Jordan Houghton, rated by many as a pretty average L1 player last season, but perhaps our most consistent performer this season. Credit to our coaching staff for making these players into Championship performers.