Rupert infers Fletch is staying | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rupert infers Fletch is staying

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its a complete farce. The only people I can think of who would write to JB saying keep Fletcher are sh1tty fans cus even they know its spells RELEGATION.

To think our club has sunk this low is really depressing.

JB is being held up to be the shining White Knight who saved the club but the truth of the matter is he is a complete numpty. He has bagged a bargain and seems content to run the club into the ground. I wonder why ? :whistle:

I vote for Fletcher out and will not set inside Home park again now until he is sacked. Enough is enough, strictly away games for me now until the board wake up and smell the coffee

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
briangreen":1kgozttl said:
SurreyGreen":1kgozttl said:
I think its been pretty clear the Brent is fully backing Fletcher since the defeat to Dorchester. Lets just try and turn good performances and chances into goals.... starting with a good game against Oxford with the same JPT team that played against Aldershot.

Now you're talking, play some of the youngsters
Just against Oxford in the JPT to see how they do- worked against Aldershot

R

Rupert

All I've said is that there in an interview with James Brent in the Herald and the WMN tomorrow. I haven't 'inferred' anything. Other people have done that. Tony_Flags might want to ponder changing the title of this thread. And, anyway, in general terms, a football club owner saying he supports a manager does not always mean a great deal for very long. As Mark Hughes found out last week.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Rupert":f178xmlb said:
All I've said is that there in an interview with James Brent in the Herald and the WMN tomorrow. I haven't 'inferred' anything. Other people have done that. And, anyway, in general terms, a football club owner saying he supports a manager does not always mean a great deal for very long. As Mark Hughes found out last week.

You have just beaten me to the punch Rupert, I will wait until after reading said interview. :scarf: :scarf:

R

Rupert

Sometimes, and again I'm making a generalisation rather than suggesting this might be the case at Argyle, an owner/chairman backs a manager when he's asked the question by the media when he has in fact lost faith in said manager. He just hasn't agreed terms with the replacement. Again, what was said and done during the last two weeks or so at QPR being such a case, I gather...

R

Rupert

I don't have any gut feeling about what might happen at Argyle because I no longer watch matches and my job has moved me away from Home Park. I'm merely making general remarks about the media coverage of football.

ngb

Dec 2, 2006
Sunny Germany.
Brent said: "The fans have every right and justification to feel very disappointed and very frustrated by the results.

"That view is totally shared by the board and myself. What we will do is try to do the right thing rather than the popular thing."

No thought given that they may be one and the same thing?

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Rupert":3ewpe01g said:
All I've said is that there in an interview with James Brent in the Herald and the WMN tomorrow. I haven't 'inferred' anything. Other people have done that. Tony_Flags might want to ponder changing the title of this thread. And, anyway, in general terms, a football club owner saying he supports a manager does not always mean a great deal for very long. As Mark Hughes found out last week.
Maybe but the interview was never going to be the announcement that CF was toast; it had to be a vote of confidence. The only question is whether it is "dreaded".

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Wait a minute!! Rupert is typing in Green. Is this a hidden message Green for go meaning Fletcher will go!! Or is it Fletcher has the Green light meaning he is staying!

Come on man which is it Dusty Bin or the Star Prize.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ngb":1wjrzz5k said:
Brent said: "The fans have every right and justification to feel very disappointed and very frustrated by the results.

"That view is totally shared by the board and myself. What we will do is try to do the right thing rather than the popular thing."

On the other hand, maybe not? 'Right thing' for whom? The team, the Club, the Board, or the incumbent manager trying to do his best? JB 's remarks are open to various interpretation and I believe he meant them to be so.

P

pafcstafford

Quintrell_Green":1h7oarn3 said:
ngb":1h7oarn3 said:

On the other hand, maybe not? 'Right thing' for whom? The team, the Club, the Board, or the incumbent manager trying to do his best? JB 's remarks are open to various interpretation and I believe he meant them to be so.

as with everything else he says

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He's gone past the acceptable time frame for sacking. I don't think he's going anywhere based on Brent's press release.