Rupert infers Fletch is staying | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rupert infers Fletch is staying

B

bandwagon

Quintrell_Green":18kleyw8 said:
ngb":18kleyw8 said:
Brent said: "The fans have every right and justification to feel very disappointed and very frustrated by the results.

"That view is totally shared by the board and myself. What we will do is try to do the right thing rather than the popular thing."

No thought given that they may be one and the same thing?

On the other hand, maybe not? 'Right thing' for whom? The team, the Club, the Board, or the incumbent manager trying to do his best? JB 's remarks are open to various interpretation and I believe he meant them to be so.

So you are saying the whiter than white has a devious streak, leaving little titbits for Janners, QG? :cool: :cool:

Mr Brent is the only person that can turn the club around now, like it or not - these next 2 weeks especially are going to be very interesting and could shape the future of the club!!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
There is often a fine line between being devious and clever. In business life I have always learned that sharp, clever people never allow themselves to be backed into a corner, where their verbal statements are sufficiently 'tight' that they can be subsequently used against them to their detriment. It might not be immediately apparent but the more you think about, you will realise it. In other words there is always 'wriggle room'. I think there is that opportunity here, following the interview. We will see in the passage of time.

On the other hand, there appears to have been work done in identifying playing targets in the January transfer window. I cannot imagine JB allowing this, if they are to be CF's selection, rather than any possible successor.

The outcome of the interview still leaves us guessing.

Jul 9, 2008
Holsworthy
He also said
"We will be having a discussion with the manager well in advance of the January transfer window to see where he thinks the gaps are in the squad and what his recommendations are.
he does not say Carl Fletcher just the Manager

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Connor Clarke":3mabupea said:
Suprised.

I thought Saturday would be the final straw for Fletcher. There certainly aren't many people who will be pleased with this news- Brent obviously has a lot of faith in Fletcher...

That, or that he's far cheaper than a real manager, who could get us out of this mess morelike.