• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Rotherham away (now pay on the day)

Feb 13, 2021
General sale starts from tomorrow 9.30 am - that is when i will be able to buy my tickets as i am an exile & have not signed up to any ticketing memberships offered by the club

Reactions: olive green

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Oct 31, 2010
Just 500 tickets sold so far, very disappointing. With the low crowds for the pre-season home games especially the first game against Swansea it seems the appetite for the Big Return isn't there.

Feb 13, 2021
Well i cant wait to get my ticket & go- the last game i went to was Bradford away- the last away game before COVID hit

Each fan will have reasons for not attending games whether it be financial, health concerns & we have to respect their wishes

I for one will have tears in my eyes when the team line up at 3pm on Saturday

Last edited:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Jul 28, 2010
I think a lot of people are wary Postey. I must admit I was about going to Torquay although having done it I'm more relaxed about going to Rotherham.

I would have attended all the PSFs but kick-off times of 19:00 and 18:00 are not good if you live outside of Devon or East Cornwall.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Oct 31, 2010
On the last 2 visits to the NY stadium we took 633 and 456 fans, so on the face of it if we reach 800 by Saturday it's not too shabby. I did expect at least 1,500.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Oct 31, 2010
Portsmouth have sold out their 1,000 allocation for the trip to Fleetwood.

Feb 13, 2021
How many people would like to attend but do not have the finances to do it- going away to a football match is an expensive treat when you add up tickets,travel,digs,food & drink
We are in an pandemic & £100 to £200 can be used to live & pay bills - just because we have not sold what other supporters assumed we should or would sell does not mean the people who cannot afford to go are a lesser supporters
Im lucky- this game is one of my local away games so my expenses will be minimal- sometimes people need to understand that not everyone is fortunate enough to attend every home & away game

I'm not surprised people are wary about travelling. I imagine that there will be a fair few who have been on public transport very infrequently during the pandemic, so the idea of hours on a bus or a train could cause some angst.

I had a look at the covid map out of interest and Plymouth is actually worse off in terms of number of cases at the moment than Rotherham (mind you, the rest of South Yorkshire is a similar colour):

M

May 8, 2011
I suspect the lateness of tickets going on sale and little or no information on whether away fans would be permitted has put some people off as long distance train fares are extortionate at short notice and until the last couple of days cheap advanced fares were hard to find.
Plus Rotherham isn’t a particular attractive place to be if you had booked and ended up not being allowed in.