Roast Potatoes | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Roast Potatoes

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Slightly veering away from the manufacture of roasties, I went to the Dartmoor Inn at Merrymeet on Sunday.

Simply THE best spuds I've ever tasted, I had near fatal indigestion a few hours later, but they were absolutely delicious.

bd1981

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 23, 2022
Plymouth
Slightly veering away from the manufacture of roasties, I went to the Dartmoor Inn at Merrymeet on Sunday.

Simply THE best spuds I've ever tasted, I had near fatal indigestion a few hours later, but they were absolutely delicious.
Near fatal but a great way to go out if there has to be a way...

• Haha
Reactions: Daz

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
On the air fryer method… how do you get them all on one level? Won’t some sit over others and restrict heat?

I’ve got the ninja air fryer but the first model with the circular basket.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
On the air fryer method… how do you get them all on one level? Won’t some sit over others and restrict heat?

One of the things I like about the baskets is you can so easily just pull it out and shake them about every few minutes to get even coverage, but on this occasion I had just cut them up pretty small so they'd all fit in one layer in one basket.

Reactions: Tugboat

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’ve gone a little off the beaten track.

Par boiled large wedges. Left them to steam dry out in a colander. Mixed some olive oil, crushed garlic and some spices and warmed it through for 20 minutes on the hob

Mixed the wedges with the oils and spices and left them to fully cool.

Air frying them later for tea.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daz
Jan 2, 2010
Can I muddy the waters by asking opinions on variants like hassailback spuds? I have never got them perfect but they are worth the effort, especially if someone else is cooking.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Can I muddy the waters by asking opinions on variants like hassailback spuds? I have never got them perfect but they are worth the effort, especially if someone else is cooking.
I think the 80’s called and want their spuds back. No place for that nonsense on this thread Mr Shadowknight. You will never get them perfect as there is no such thing as a perfect hassailbank. 😂

bd1981

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 23, 2022
Plymouth

I have a breville Halo that tilts and it turns and tosses at the same time...wish my wife would 👌

• Haha
Reactions: Tugboat