Ridsdale poll (for those who were there) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale poll (for those who were there)

Believe or not?

• White man speak with forked tongue.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I thought he was very good and trusted what he said.

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters
Dec 7, 2006
I was there, was very impressed with the man and voted accordingly. I don't really care what has gone on before it's the here and now that is paramount and the sooner the myopic few realise this and quit the puerile digs at PR the better. Unless, of course, they can come up with a better soultion to our current problems? :twisted: (The term 'put up or shut up' never seemed more apt!).

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
There is a tactic in public relations called "telling people what they want to hear." This came through strongly in the minutes.

But before you jump on me, this is not as naive as it sounds. There is a deeper psychological angle.

People often do not want to hear good news if they don't think it's realistic. They want to hear it "straight".

Telling people the bad news up front can therefore win you instant credibility. If PR had come up with positive spin when everyone knows we are in the s**t, he would have been jeered "off stage".

It's also pretty much win-win. Things are absolutely awful, we have no money and it's a long uphill battle. Thereafter the struggles are accepted and the slightest success feels like a miracle. The current government continues to take this line, and they too have the previous administration to blame.

I'm not saying I don't believe Ridsdale, most of it sounds right. Just pointing out that this is a well-proven credibility-winning tactic that has been used down the ages. We will judge him on results, and results only.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Agree with recent comment - ignore what he has, apparently, done in the past. As far as I saw it he is trying to keep PAFC going - onwards and upwards - I believe.

One interesting comment he made, on Friday, was that according to finances "PAFC should have gone out of business April last year!!!" Haven't seen that mentioned before! I am sure I didn't miss-hear it as another Senior Moment!!

2. For ZZ - Unable to send you voice recording of meeting to you - I sent you an email to you!!??

COYG!!!

Dec 7, 2006
Yes, PR did indeed say that Argyle were bust last April (2010)...but still went ahead and ordered the new pitch anyway. Bordering very close to fraud by the Toxic 7 IMHO. :x

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
FordGreen":1gmd1igl said:
Yes, PR did indeed say that Argyle were bust last April (2010)...but still went ahead and ordered the new pitch anyway. Bordering very close to fraud by the Toxic 7 IMHO. :x

I believe they crossed the line at that point. :eek: :twisted: :stout:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
FordGreen":3jxurg6e said:
I wouldn't call it fraud, more recklessness. I have no doubt they were gambling on the WC bid succeeding, but without a plan B!