Ridsdale poll (for those who were there) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ridsdale poll (for those who were there)

Believe or not?

• White man speak with forked tongue.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I thought he was very good and trusted what he said.

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Just a straw poll on what you thought yesterday people.

I know I should have run this poll past El Dude, but he's probably busy writing a letter to his MP or local newspaper at the moment.

So, a straightforward poll.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Pontypoolgreen":2dd0dnjg said:
Tavypilgrim":2dd0dnjg said:
Surely this poll will just prove that some are more easily taken in than others? :roll:

" for those who were there"

I don't think you were, nor was I and wouldn't have normally contributed to the thread, you forced my hand. let's leave this one to the people that attended, please.

I haven't voted nor will I, I don't see why that should bar me commenting on the validity of the poll.

A

Anonymous

Tavypilgrim":48hxwrgb said:
Surely this poll will just prove that some are more easily taken in than others? :roll:

A) You're in danger of making yourself look silly, as it's quite obvious you don't like the man, so why have so many digs?

B) Let's wait and see. If 95% of people say they liked what he had to say, perhaps, just perhaps, it doesn't mean we were 'easily taken in' but that he might have been telling us as it is.

I'm not saying I'm his biggest fans, I'm certainly am not, but yesterday, it was 'warts and all' and I didn't hear any spin, I didn't hear anything that could be classed as 'I'll tell you all what you want to hear', far from it.

We were there, you weren't, you have to understand that, and you didn't hear what and how he said it.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps (because we can't tell who voted) it would be a good idea if the voters post on here.

As, it would be quite easy, for those who seem to have a point to prove, to vote that he was lying.

So, I voted that I believed the man.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":wxsgt0yq said:
Perhaps (because we can't tell who voted) it would be a good idea if the voters post on here.

As, it would be quite easy, for those who seem to have a point to prove, to vote that he was lying.

So, I voted that I believed the man.

So did I, No PR, no club :mrgreen: :stout:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I think the poll is a bit 'black and white' but I have voted for. As Ian says, he certainly didn't pull his punches. Whatever you may think of him (and most will only have what they read in the papers to go on; how often do you believe everything you read there) he is an impressive communicator and I believe just what we need at present.

Jul 14, 2005
Agree with Trev501. First time I had heard PR in public (other than on TV). No doubt that he is a very accomplished speaker and is clearly used to choosing his words carefully. Used the phrases 'to the best of my knowledge' and 'my understanding is' on many occasions. He gave a very robust defence of his time at Leeds, Barnsley and Cardiff, but then he would, wouldn't he. It did sound as though he single handedly achieved success at Leeds (before disaster struck), saved Barnsley from extinction and turned Cardiff into a club capable of competing in the Premier League.

Having said all that he came across as pretty genuine, in my opinion, in his desire to save Argyle. At the end of the day what other real choice do we have?

Jul 7, 2006
My vote is to trust what he said. IMO he didn't promise anything just said it as it is. He was quite forward in stating that if his detractors can find anybody else to do what he is doing then feel free to do so.

A

Anonymous

So, all that have posted above and voted, have voted that they trust what the man said.

No one has posted that he speaks with fork tongue.

My my, those little tinkers that didn't go and yet still voted are naughty aren't they? :lol:

Only on Pasoti. :roll:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
ZeeZan6":3cu2wtxx said:
I trusted what he said yesterday was the truth.
But I don't like the man.
I thought it was going to lead to fisty cuffs. :) :) :)

On a serious note, I voted that he was good and trusted what he said. On the whole he said we're in the cack and we need to raise money - you can't argue with that. I don't know why, but I like the man. He hasn't harmed our club yet.