Rhys Griffiths (injured) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rhys Griffiths (injured)

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Lundan Cabbie":2qlh0xhy said:
He's a fireman like I was and like any fireman worth his sorts, he knows how to play the sick leave. Where does this SSP thing come from? He will be well voiced in taking full pay whilst unavailable, and even more so if it is a due to service injury.

On a serious note, when he came HP my one question was, why has nobody given this apparent goalscoring machine a chance at this level before?

They obviously lack the quality of our scouting network, spending power & the prestige of playing for Plymouth Argyle. Simples.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Wotton is God":22tzc5yp said:
We've had a page of blamestorming, I don't suppose anyone can confirm what the injury is or how long he's out for, can they? Can't see anything on the baggo. :cry:
i was listening to sparksy on saturday and he said the rumour was a thigh strain.sparksy sounded as fed up as most of us about it.rhys griffiths is a major disappointment

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Unfortunately before he joined he was touted as the new Mariner. So M.. Mp... Mpen .... sorry Sam is injured a lot of the time but at least he's not on £10K a week.

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
GreenSam said:
I like him when he's fit and think he's offered more than just 20 minutes against Northampton. He's played well in pretty much every game I've seen bar Dorchester. Just not fit often enough though and that's why signing him was a mistake.[/quote]

Come on Sam, you can do better than that. Too many people see the 'here and now', not the 'what can be'. Rhys may well not be fit enough now but he sure as hell can get fitter....and when he is I believe we will have the goalscorer we crave. The club do need to work with him, though to increase his fitness. Fletcher's comment in the EH said that RG had been set a different fitness programme and would for a couple of days do his own thing (akin to what he was used to in non league football) and then join in with training later??! Surely the club should be pushing him more to step up the training? http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Car...ths-overcome/story-17370160-detail/story.html

How many others players have the armchair, keyboard Ron Managers written off and hounded out of the club, only for the players to prove just what it was that real managers had seen in them?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I hope you're right. As it stands though he's been unavailable for games a lot more than he's been available.

I don't doubt he's good when he plays but is what he's done thus far enough to justify the wage thus far spent on him whilst injured? That'd have to be a no. Will he in the future if he gets fitter over time? I hope so but I doubt it.

R

RedGreen

Lundan Cabbie":18pitiw7 said:
He's a fireman like I was and like any fireman worth his sorts, he knows how to play the sick leave. Where does this SSP thing come from? He will be well voiced in taking full pay whilst unavailable, and even more so if it is a due to service injury.

On a serious note, when he came HP my one question was, why has nobody given this apparent goalscoring machine a chance at this level before?

Most pro footballers couldn't hold a candle up to the strength and fitness of your average firemen surely???
All that down time in the gym, self - pride and all that.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
stewthenoo":1rlu3s4i said:
GreenSam":1rlu3s4i said:
I like him when he's fit and think he's offered more than just 20 minutes against Northampton. He's played well in pretty much every game I've seen bar Dorchester. Just not fit often enough though and that's why signing him was a mistake.[/quote]

Come on Sam, you can do better than that. Too many people see the 'here and now', not the 'what can be'. Rhys may well not be fit enough now but he sure as hell can get fitter....and when he is I believe we will have the goalscorer we crave. The club do need to work with him, though to increase his fitness. Fletcher's comment in the EH said that RG had been set a different fitness programme and would for a couple of days do his own thing (akin to what he was used to in non league football) and then join in with training later??! Surely the club should be pushing him more to step up the training? http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Car...ths-overcome/story-17370160-detail/story.html

How many others players have the armchair, keyboard Ron Managers written off and hounded out of the club, only for the players to prove just what it was that real managers had seen in them?

Did he sign yesterday or 3-4 months back. ?? I could get FL fit in 3 months and I'm 57. :funny:
Anyway next season - if he survives beyond Jan - he can revert to non-league training with a non-league team - US !!!!! :furious:

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
I had high hopes for this man but what a disaster , correct me if i am wrong but has he ever played a full game for us? I am beginning to think that he is taking the pee.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A gamble that hasn't paid off so far.

Jul 6, 2005
Griffiths is an absolute joke and embarassment to himself, to the club and to Fletcher in particular.

A 32-year old part timer in the frigging Welsh League who has been training for a couple of hours on a Tuesday and Thursday night for 15 years.

Who would have thought he would struggle for fitness as a full-time Pro?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Isn't Juhvel Tsoumou still a free agent?

With our striking options currently:

Chadwick and Feeney (both 30 something, both average about 1 goal per season)
Griffiths (Constantly injured)
Madjo (Only here on loan)
LeCointe, Harvey and Sims (All Teenagers)

Why not try and bring him back? He didn't set the world alight last season but there was a decent player in there, surely better than what we have now.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":2or08pau said:
Isn't Juhvel Tsoumou still a free agent?

With our striking options currently:

Chadwick and Feeney (both 30 something, both average about 1 goal per season)
Griffiths (Constantly injured)
Madjo (Only here on loan)
LeCointe, Harvey and Sims (All Teenagers)

Why not try and bring him back? He didn't set the world alight last season but there was a decent player in there, surely better than what we have now.
Nope he's with an Austrian club.

Maybe he's not worse than some of our options now but I can bet he's a lot worse than what we could get. If we can't get better than him somewhere somehow then I'd be amazed. Truly abysmal player. Laughably bad.