Rhys Griffiths (injured) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rhys Griffiths (injured)

Nov 6, 2011
Our big, goal scoring savour, the guy who scored a goal a game on average in the Welsh league and was to be the spearhead of our attack is injured AGAIN.

I knew bringing a 32 year old fireman into the Football league would backfire; it's not his fault, i may add, it's a HUGE step up from the Welsh league into the Football League and at 32 his body is evidently not up to it. Another poor signing by Fletcher...

G

greenscooby

FFS This is getting stupid now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I know players pick up knocks and niggles but this seems to be happening A LOT with our players, it's just extracting the urine now.

Surely something can be done about this, mind you saying that, that would mean the team actually getting on the training pitch to try and get these types of things sorted out.

Nov 6, 2011
Mark Clements":1p72c2a4 said:
FFS This is getting stupid now :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I know players pick up knocks and niggles but this seems to be happening A LOT with our players, it's just extracting the urine now.

Surely something can be done about this, mind you saying that, that would mean the team actually getting on the training pitch to try and get these types of things sorted out.

The Welsh league, being part-time; i would imagine Rhys would have only trained 2-3 times a week; now being a professional in the Football League he will be training every day (other than match days), it's such a huge step up, not just in the level of football, but the training aswell, it as obviously taken it's toll on him

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
It's a shame, because he showed flashes of why Fletcher wanted to sign him so much.

However, we're in late November... 20 minutes against Northampton isn't really enough is it.

M

Marcus The Green

And the scapegoat of the week award goes to Rhys Griffiths. :facepalm:

It was a gamble, a gamble that so far hasn't paid off. He is only on a year contract. The step up in level & training may prove too much for him. Alternatively, he may get himself fully fit (i don't think he's been both fully fit & match fit since he signed) with a regular run of games behind him & score some goals.

His signing still could go either way. If we don't see an improvement on form or injury front after Christmas, he won't be getting a contract extension. Simple really.
Calling for his contract to be cancelled & send him home is premature. It also shows a lack of understanding of our financial situation. I very much doubt we can afford to pay up anyone's contract at the moment.

Nov 6, 2011
It's not about a "scapegoat", if you read my original post, i said: IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!

It's a huge step up and a desperate signing from a desperate manager.

Why pay someone's wages when not fit to play? Because they have a contract with the club. If someone on here were suddenly taken ill and not able to play for a few weeks because of illness, I'm sure they would be rightfully outraged were their employer to terminate their employment because they weren't able to come to the office / factory / wherever. Footballers are no different. Clubs must budget to expect one or two players to be injured at any one time which is why they have a squad.

M

Jul 6, 2011
greengenes":3feed7z5 said:
He didnt have to go straight into full time training. A sensible route would have been to increase his training very gradually. Maybe that is what is happening for all I know. As a player hes more talented than one or two I could name.

Maybe they have, we the outsiders don't know, we can only assume

In truth we have only Griffiths or Madjo who currently have the touch to put the ball away, let's not scare one of them off for crying out loud.
Think the previous commenter was right, someone has decided that Griffiths (injured) is this weeks victim, however you put it.
Griff is the only striker who even looks remotely like scoring and we just can't wait to batter the guys confidence. Shame on you as Argyle supporters.
He should be playing up front with someone else, not having to take the full responsibility himself as he seems to do most of the time. No wonder he gets injured. The other week he was battling against 3 or 4 defensive players with no back up and he got a fans battering that week.
We cannot have a player in that position (on his own) if the rest of the team are going to drift back deep. You have to look at the defence, they should be pushing the team forward and let's admit it our central (most experienced) defence has been lacking this year.
Alex Ferguson always said if you have a good steady defence you have the beginnings of a winning team.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
briangreen":18lx6vdd said:
greengenes":18lx6vdd said:
He didnt have to go straight into full time training. A sensible route would have been to increase his training very gradually. Maybe that is what is happening for all I know. As a player hes more talented than one or two I could name.

Maybe they have, we the outsiders don't know, we can only assume

In truth we have only Griffiths or Madjo who currently have the touch to put the ball away, let's not scare one of them off for crying out loud.
Think the previous commenter was right, someone has decided that Griffiths (injured) is this weeks victim, however you put it.
Griff is the only striker who even looks remotely like scoring and we just can't wait to batter the guys confidence. Shame on you as Argyle supporters.
He should be playing up front with someone else, not having to take the full responsibility himself as he seems to do most of the time. No wonder he gets injured. The other week he was battling against 3 or 4 defensive players with no back up and he got a fans battering that week.
We cannot have a player in that position (on his own) if the rest of the team are going to drift back deep. You have to look at the defence, they should be pushing the team forward and let's admit it our central (most experienced) defence has been lacking this year.
Alex Ferguson always said if you have a good steady defence you have the beginnings of a winning team.

thee alex ferguson who had spent nearly 4 times as much on strikers than defenders.

Tugboat

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 24, 2007
Why is he not on an individual training package?