Retained list (Merged and confirmed) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Retained list (Merged and confirmed)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The retained list might be announced after the players reward of a free trip to Las Vegas.
Is that a thing?

Schumacher said in a interview with Plymouth Live that the players are going on a break together, so that’s where they’re probably going to

Jan 4, 2023
erringtons latest article confirms rumours of Hardie and Ennis playing hard ball over contracts … wonder if either will stay

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Glasgow Rangers are in desperate need of strikers. (well, of a team almost) Ryan may well be of interest. About the same level as Championship.
I'd be very surprised if they couldn't afford someone better than Hardie.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
erringtons latest article confirms rumours of Hardie and Ennis playing hard ball over contracts … wonder if either will stay
At least they are playing… far better than “we are trying to get hold of XX’s agent…”.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

Re Hardie and playing hardball that was stated a few months ago with Plymouth Live interview with Schumacher

Jan 16, 2005
Their agent's wouldn't be doing their jobs if they weren't trying to maximise terms. At the end of the day they will either agree or both parties move on. Such is life in football. It is very rare that players have an emotional attachment to a club that would prevent them moving for what they consider to be a better package.

Last edited:
Reactions: saxman
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Their agent's wouldn't be doing their jobs if they weren't trying to maximise terms. At the end of the day they will either agree or both parties move on. Such is life in football.
Sadly that is it. Agents tend to me hard faced intermediaries saving players the emotional angst of dealing with professional club's managers / team directors. However, FIFA are attempting to introduce a new regulation into the industry that agents are required to pass an exam in order to be able to negotiate player transfer deals. Only 48% passed the exam out of the 3,800 who have sat, which includes 20 multiple questions! I support the idea of bringing greater integrity and professionalism to the service. It occurred in the Investment and Finance industry and there is no reason why it should not be introduced in football. There are currently over 2,000 football agents in England alone. When you consider the number of EFL teams, one might take the view there are too many in existence and the ratio per club's registered playing member is ridiculous.
It strikes me their commission rate charged to the player must as a consequence be high in order to make a living from the activity. I hope their presence following Argyle's promotion, does not become a greater negative in enjoying the club's promotion success.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Does it? Where?

"Maybe Ryan and Niall might take the longest because they are centre-forwards and they are going to have other options I'm sure.

"I'm prepared to wait, but I'm not prepared to wait forever because I need to get moving if they don't want to be here."

Jan 27, 2006
And to think Pan was accused of being disloyal by giving sufficient notice such that Argyle could receive a transfer fee. It's a funny old game Saint.

Reactions: pafc jack

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall

"Maybe Ryan and Niall might take the longest because they are centre-forwards and they are going to have other options I'm sure.

"I'm prepared to wait, but I'm not prepared to wait forever because I need to get moving if they don't want to be here."
So it doesn't say that then. Didn't think so.