Reid linked with Sheffield U | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid linked with Sheffield U

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a rumour going around that Kevin Phillips could join up with Reid at Argyle as a player-coach for next season.
Phillips is out of contract at Birmingham and is working towards his coaching badges.

Could be one huge Sunderland reunion?

A

Arch Stanton

I was only saying that to my mate on Sunday after seeing an interview with him on MOTD2 after the Birmingham game.. Player / Coach role with Argyle would be great.. A respected top professional who could do a fantastic job up front for us in L2.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":15wrsehz said:
There's a rumour going around that Kevin Phillips could join up with Reid at Argyle as a player-coach for next season.
Phillips is out of contract at Birmingham and is working towards his coaching badges.

Fantastic, quality front man and still got his legs.

Aug 10, 2006
i thought the same when i saw him playing the other day what a great player he would be even at 37.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":3rg796fm said:

Um, wages could be a slight issue one thinks.......

A

Arch Stanton

monkeywrench":2z9ajnxh said:
PL2 3DQ":2z9ajnxh said:

I would suggest Mr Phillips is at the stage of his career where a coaching opportunity rather then the pay day is more relevant. I can see this rumour possibly having some legs with the Reid / Phillips / Charlie Chawke / Sunderland connections :grin:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
monkeywrench":3qz6ou76 said:
PL2 3DQ":3qz6ou76 said:

Possibly but two jobs (player/coach) and one wage and a chance to learn the trade from someone he knows and trusts.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":ok9zzk18 said:
monkeywrench":ok9zzk18 said:
PL2 3DQ":ok9zzk18 said:

Possibly but two jobs (player/coach) and one wage and a chance to learn the trade from someone he knows and trusts.

Don't get me wrong posty, would love it if true.

He'd have to take a massive cut in wages and we don't want to get back in the same mess we were in before. Also, Phillips could quite easily do a job for a top championship side.

Can't see it.

B

Brian Pedley

PL2 3DQ":1jnf0ga5 said:

Thanks for this. You are one of a select group on these boards whose rumours have ` believability` . I really do like the sound of this one. The arrival of KP could make as big an impact as the return of Trigger did. Until disproved, it`s something for us all to cling onto in the challenging weeks that lie ahead.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Don't get me wrong posty, would love it if true.

He'd have to take a massive cut in wages and we don't want to get back in the same mess we were in before. Also, Phillips could quite easily do a job for a top championship side.

Can't see it.[/quote]

I agree as much as i would love it to happen i can see Phillips in the championship next season possibly staying at Brum if they get relegated!!

M

MylesPAFC

Kevin Phillips has still made 14 appearances this season, if that rumour is true then we will have a strike force to be reckoned with. Will only believe it when I see it though, probably will get better offers than us to become a player/coach, but is dependant on his relationship with Reid, I'd rather be with someone I'm good friends with and has experience in the field, than pick the more money option.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Brian Pedley":3g7qkj4c said:
PL2 3DQ":3g7qkj4c said:

Thanks for this. You are one of a select group on these boards whose rumours have ` believability` . I really do like the sound of this one. The arrival of KP could make as big an impact as the return of Trigger did. Until disproved, it`s something for us all to cling onto in the challenging weeks that lie ahead.

Personally, I think that the impact resuting from the arrival of KP would make that which accompanied the return of Trigger pale into insignificance. Kevin Phillips is a big name, top quality striker, with a huge profile in English football made even bigger recently by his appearances as a pundit on Sky. If he was able to continue with this punditry work then the shock of having to adjust to Argyle wages would be considerably cushioned, and I can't see any reason why this work couldn't continue. This is exactly the sort of rumour I most enjoy - on the face of it completely unlikely but with just enough links and possible underlying reasons, to allow us to believe it might actually be true. We'll see!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
So was Emile Mpenza,ex Man City,a big name and a big flop...then there was Kenny Cooper,and an even bigger flop.....