Quote from The President | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Quote from The President

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Westbury Green":2lnquyeg said:
It's not working, not coming together, on the match commentary Burton Game. Yes at last somebody has realised.

Well Mr President, you need to say that to the Chairman.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Only a reckless gambler or someone with zero interest in the football side of things would carry on with this shambolic folly.

Time to step in and make a change.

Jan 27, 2012
For me it's as much about money as it is about the manager.

Brent needs to realise that if he wants larger gates, he needs to invest in the team.
He would get 8,000-9,000 attendances at Home Park if we were top of the league. Double the matchday income.

The attendances that Argyle can draw should be funding the best players in Leagues One and Two, but instead we are left with worse players than clubs the size of Burton Albion and Torquay.

Is Brent here for property development or to get this club promoted and in a division where it belongs ?
The fans will not come if things stay as they are.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
El Presidente
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk is cheap and can't be heard when you are kissing ar5e on the top table

M

Miles

So we are assuming that The President is more than a marketing figure, and that he has some actual clout with serious decisions, that will affect Brent's pocket?

Mar 21, 2008
gaspargomez":3ah1c579 said:
For me it's as much about money as it is about the manager.

Brent needs to realise that if he wants larger gates, he needs to invest in the team.
He would get 8,000-9,000 attendances at Home Park if we were top of the league. Double the matchday income.

The attendances that Argyle can draw should be funding the best players in Leagues One and Two, but instead we are left with worse players than clubs the size of Burton Albion and Torquay.

Is Brent here for property development or to get this club promoted and in a division where it belongs ?
The fans will not come if things stay as they are.

That's all well and good assuming that 1)that there is a lot to spend on new players, and 2)that the players improve the team.

We're performing worse than the sum of our parts at the moment, so I'd suggest the level of ability at the club is not neccesarily the issue.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
to give chris webb some grudging credit.he has become, via fraternizing with fletcher, a close personal friend and it is never easy to tell a mate that he isn't good enough

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Totally agree. We are under-performing, players are capable of more but something is missing. There's no fire in the belly, no passion or belief. They just seem scared. That has to be down to leadership and confidence.

Oct 24, 2010
Being at the match I don't know what Chris said but if he wants to do that job he, as club president, should refrain from making any comment whatsoever which even hints at criticism of the manager, it would be totally wrong for him in his position to in any way to undermine Carl Fletcher.

Apr 1, 2009
esmer":1jcwuns4 said:
Being at the match I don't know what Chris said but if he wants to do that job he, as club president, should refrain from making any comment whatsoever which even hints at criticism of the manager, it would be totally wrong for him in his position to in any way to undermine Carl Fletcher.

I tend to agree with this, and if so, he shouldnt be a radio pundit.

Oct 24, 2010
xmastree":3f0jeb0k said:
esmer":3f0jeb0k said:

I tend to agree with this, and if so, he shouldnt be a radio pundit.
My post didn't read too well. I meant if he wants to do the job of a radio pundit he shouldn't criticize Fletcher.