Progress? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Progress?

pilgrim_pete":p4byhy58 said:
Absolutely MW.

Burton Albion have won only two on the road all season. I am confident of a win with Macca and Madj back. Bit of a blow with CH out, but this is our first home match since a great performance against Rochdale and if we get near to replicating that we will be fine.

But Madj WAS there yesterday PP - obviously "circumstances were not conducive" to him playing :facepalm:

Let's hope it doesn't rain on Wednesday or Thursday or for the rest of the season - otherwise he will never play :lol:

Unfortunately, Macca is NOT the same player since his first loan spell - in my opinion.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Mar 7, 2009
I'm sure Madjo will start on Wednesday, Paul.

One win and the whole mood of this place changes!

See you there?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The only progress I can honestly see is the fact that we aren't dealing with the threat of liquidation.

That in its self is obviously fantastic etc but on the pitch stuff and club structure is a cause for concern that seems to go by unchallenged.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
monkeywrench":1ujh0ecz said:
I honestly think that some peoples expectations were way too high at the start of the season. I didn't think that we'd be any further forward than we are.

Interesting to see where we are after a next 2or 3 games. A win tomorrow and the mood changes yet again.

A loss will also change the mood. Or can it get any worse.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
TinTin":2g37dzre said:
pilgrim_pete":2g37dzre said:
Absolutely MW.

Burton Albion have won only two on the road all season. I am confident of a win with Macca and Madj back. Bit of a blow with CH out, but this is our first home match since a great performance against Rochdale and if we get near to replicating that we will be fine.

But Madj WAS there yesterday PP - obviously "circumstances were not conducive" to him playing :facepalm:

Let's hope it doesn't rain on Wednesday or Thursday or for the rest of the season - otherwise he will never play :lol:

Unfortunately, Macca is NOT the same player since his first loan spell - in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see if Madjo starts on Wednesday. Rhys Griffiths is 'our' player and needs to be starting games if he is ever to make it at this level. So if he is fit it is hard to see Madjo starting.

Jul 6, 2005
monkeywrench":3gkm7q2u said:
I honestly think that some peoples expectations were way too high at the start of the season. I didn't think that we'd be any further forward than we are.

Interesting to see where we are after a next 2 or 3 games. A win tomorrow and the mood changes yet again.

Yes, especially the Chairman and some of the players who thought we might be play-off contenders.

What happens if we don't win on Wednesday and then have 3 games against top 7 sides, Gillingham at home and Fleetwood and Bradford away?

When do you think we should start to worry?

How many more defeats where the actual performance is as dire as the last two, or do we constantly accept defeat and say we expected it?

Maybe a couple of sub-5000 gates and Brent the Businessman will start to engage his brain and realise he has to do something about it.

E

Every Saturday

I dont see why our expectations have to be so low ...

Our "expectation" ought to be the Championship - and if not the Championship to be near the top of the league above

If we were in the Championship competing against much bigger clubs then I would say "lets be patient" - but we are not

We are one of the biggest, best suported clubs in this league, with (by all accounts) a very competitive playing budget. If we were in the league above we would still be one of the biggest clubs. Right now, we are punching way below our weight. We are underperforming "big style" - and that's why so many longstanding fans are getting seriously upset and seriously angry with the current manager

We are simply not making progress - we pass the ball around in circles (if we can manage to win the ball off better teams like Dorchester Town) and but we are going nowhere. We are so weak and vulnerable. We are near the bottom of the bottom league and have just been dumped out of the FA cup by a team over 40 places below us - and its simply not good enough

Argyle fans deserve better than this - Plymouth Argyle should be much much better than this

Good managers dont need years to turn Argyle around in the lower leagues. What we desperately need is a good manager

Jul 6, 2011
The Doctor":2f8be39r said:
TinTin":2f8be39r said:
pilgrim_pete":2f8be39r said:
Absolutely MW.

It will be interesting to see if Madjo starts on Wednesday. Rhys Griffiths is 'our' player and needs to be starting games if he is ever to make it at this level. So if he is fit it is hard to see Madjo starting.

I would like to see them both start, batter the shyte out of the opposition (as long as we don't get that Referee again) & show them they've been in a game of footy, not had an evening at the ballet....

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
TinTin":2hmfwghy said:
briangreen":2hmfwghy said:
I would like to see them both start, batter the shyte out of the opposition (as long as we don't get that Referee again) & show them they've been in a game of footy, not had an evening at the ballet....

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

i thought Hourihane was performing the Nutcracker? :whistle:

Nov 11, 2006
Every Saturday":2m0nrcvo said:

Our "expectation" ought to be the Championship - and if not the Championship to be near the top of the league above

If we were in the Championship competing against much bigger clubs then I would say "lets be patient" - but we are not

We are one of the biggest, best suported clubs in this league, with (by all accounts) a very competitive playing budget. If we were in the league above we would still be one of the biggest clubs. Right now, we are punching way below our weight. We are underperforming "big style" - and that's why so many longstanding fans are getting seriously upset and seriously angry with the current manager

We are simply not making progress - we pass the ball around in circles (if we can manage to win the ball off better teams like Dorchester Town) and but we are going nowhere. We are so weak and vulnerable. We are near the bottom of the bottom league and have just been dumped out of the FA cup by a team over 40 places below us - and its simply not good enough

Argyle fans deserve better than this - Plymouth Argyle should be much much better than this

Good managers dont need years to turn Argyle around in the lower leagues. What we desperately need is a good manager

Spot on.

A long-term plan to develop a young team playing pretty tippy tappy football is all well and good and in the long-term. I agree with it. But given how far below where we should be, it needs to be tempered by a 'needs must' philosophy in the short-term, and what this club needs is to get out of League 2 as soon as possible. It should be a matter of utmost urgency. Failure to do so will only be detrimental in the long-term because it will mean falling attendances, declining income, and hence a lower budget, making it even harder to get out of the league. The development might bring additonal income but that will be offset to some extent by falling match day and merchandise revenue.

It seems to me there is a laid back, naive and idealist philosophy running through the club at the moment, and that is reflected in the lack of progress. Urgency, pragmatism, realism - that's was needed. Somebody at the club needs to get a grip and take the lead in driving the club forward by it's bootstraps and a manager is needed that recognises what is required to get out of this division and can build a team capabale of achieving it in whatever style is most effective, which for me certainly isn't Fletch's version of tiki taka that merely shows how naive he is as a manager.

Dec 7, 2006
Every Saturday":i3hzb3jx said:

This for me. :thumbup:

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Every Saturday":3524f7kh said:

Unfortunately we must now lower our expectations. We had our chance and failed in the Championship. Can't see it happening again for many many years if at all.y

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
pilgrimage":2tzi61ku said:
Every Saturday":2tzi61ku said:

Unfortunately we must now lower our expectations. We had our chance and failed in the Championship. Can't see it happening again for many many years if at all.y

WHAT??!!!

Even our Chairman thinks we should be a Championship club, he has made that public. We know it wont be easy, but accept mediocriaty and the club will stagnate and die.