Port Vale v Argyle matchday thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Port Vale v Argyle matchday thread

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":1ztfatnm said:
jespafc":1ztfatnm said:
Bristol Rich":1ztfatnm said:
Just waiting for the post stating how much certain posters miss our former manager.

It's disappointing and frustrating but it's still early days and after the shambles of last year a quick fix was never on the cards.

Despite last season in L1, his record in this league was a playoff final and 2nd. So, people can say what they want, but Adams was objectively successful as a League Two manager. Lowe has a squad that should also be pushing at the higher end of this league. As you say, it's certainly very early days, but will people be understanding and accepting of a finish of say 10th this season?

Adams took over a team that had been in the playoffs and took them one game further in his 1st season. Lowe took over a club that had been a shambles for over a year. He deserves time and patience.

Give it a rest Rich.

You just can’t accept facts, so you latch onto lies.

Finishing 7th in the first season back in L1 does not equal’ “a shambles”

Lowe may get it right. Let’s hope.
At the moment all my fears are being realised. Not only no plan B, but no sign he considers it necessary.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":4smmphwk said:
Cobi Budge":4smmphwk said:
Sheridan left Adams with a good team to work with, particularly defensively.

Lowe hasn’t been left with the same luxury and therefore time & patience is certainly needed.

Today’s defence had one player that played regularly and one player who hardly played at all last year and that’s all.

How was today result due to Adam’s players and the shambles of last season.

That doesn’t change my point at all. Adams inherited a good set of players from Sheridan who had played together before & gelled. Adams did well for us in League 2 no doubt, but he didn’t have to completely rebuild as Lowe is going to have to.

Jul 12, 2016
lilcol":2zzmkr5v said:
For all RL's b/s the end result is the same as last season, not enough attempts on goal and a leaky defence. Too much messing around playing sideways and backwards and not enough incisive play in the final third imo. But results need to pick up soon or we will be looking over our shoulders again. And don't give me all that crap about no instant fix, work in progress etc. The players are professional footballers and should be able to adapt without too many problems.

Spot on.We appear to have changed a negative b/sh/er for a positive version. After all half the team are familiar with RL's tactics. I see the mighty Crewe,Forest Green and Cheltenham etc are above us now. Begs the question often asked of the previous regime,what the hell do our players do in training during the week?

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":hqxfv6ek said:
HC Green":hqxfv6ek said:
Cobi Budge":hqxfv6ek said:

Lowe hasn’t been left with the same luxury and therefore time & patience is certainly needed.

Today’s defence had one player that played regularly and one player who hardly played at all last year and that’s all.

That doesn’t change my point at all. Adams inherited a good set of players from Sheridan who had played together before & gelled. Adams did well for us in League 2 no doubt, but he didn’t have to completely rebuild as Lowe is going to have to.

Lowe hasn’t rebuilt he brought half the Bury team and its back room staff.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":3i1xic07 said:
Cobi Budge":3i1xic07 said:
HC Green":3i1xic07 said:
Cobi Budge":3i1xic07 said:

Lowe hasn’t rebuilt he brought half the Bury team and its back room staff.

I’m talking defensively. He’s having to try and incorporate poor Derek Adams signings into his system. Once others are fit & he’s able to move on the players he doesn’t want, then it’ll be fair to judge.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Cobi Budge":nrs094yf said:
HC Green":nrs094yf said:
Cobi Budge":nrs094yf said:

Laughable.

Adams had outstanding players. So good we couldn’t hang onto them. So he had to rebuild every season given out inferior budget. Sheridan left behind journeymen that few wanted.

Lowe has had a lot of money to spend already.

Mar 1, 2008
Justin":2cpc0m9k said:
Cobi Budge":2cpc0m9k said:
HC Green":2cpc0m9k said:
Cobi Budge":2cpc0m9k said:

Laughable.

Adams had outstanding players. So good we couldn’t hang onto them. So he had to rebuild every season given out inferior budget. Sheridan left behind journeymen that few wanted.

Reuben Reid, Carl McHugh, Ben Purrington, Luke McCormick, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, were not League 2 journeymen.

But whatever, sack Lowe and bring Adams. Amirite???

May 1, 2011
Justin":2vaint74 said:
Bristol Rich":2vaint74 said:
jespafc":2vaint74 said:
Bristol Rich":2vaint74 said:
Just waiting for the post stating how much certain posters miss our former manager.

It's disappointing and frustrating but it's still early days and after the shambles of last year a quick fix was never on the cards.

Despite last season in L1, his record in this league was a playoff final and 2nd. So, people can say what they want, but Adams was objectively successful as a League Two manager. Lowe has a squad that should also be pushing at the higher end of this league. As you say, it's certainly very early days, but will people be understanding and accepting of a finish of say 10th this season?

Adams took over a team that had been in the playoffs and took them one game further in his 1st season. Lowe took over a club that had been a shambles for over a year. He deserves time and patience.

Give it a rest Rich.

You just can’t accept facts, so you latch onto lies.

Finishing 7th in the first season back in L1 does not equal’ “a shambles”

Lowe may get it right. Let’s hope.
At the moment all my fears are being realised. Not only no plan B, but no sign he considers it necessary.

Ah Micky Mouse returns, the man who assured us there was no chance of relegation last season.
If you read the post I called last season a shambles when we were relegated not the season before.
That is a fact, remember all the facts you told us last year? Where any of them right? We got 4 million for Lapado yes?
If you could point out one lie in that post I'd be grateful.

Aug 2, 2011
Unfortunately we were led to believe that we would see fast flowing attacking football with plenty of goals from a team of individuals who in some cases were the best in L1 and L2. What we have had is slow build up from defence to midfield and back again. It has been boring and lacking in anything to enthuse the support the club enjoys. People have been complaining about lack of atmosphere- is it any wonder. Things may have been better without all the pre-season crap put out by Lowe. Mayor the best in L1andL2 - really. Adams never had a plan B and it seems Lowe is the same.

Looking good for another spell in the EFL dustbin of rubbish.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Mdgreener":1wkukq1u said:
Given the philosophy of passing and attacking football that we have adopted (and I support it) with a three-man defense, conceding these type of goals is the price that is paid. We, however, need to score more. The challenge is that many of our players are not yet on the same wavelength the way Mayor and McFadzean are.We see a lot of passes that are not quite accurate enough when going forward and lots of players who are not instinctively running to receive passes or passing where the runner is going. It certainly takes time to develop such an understanding. In the meantime, every other team knows our philosophy and our approach and set out their store to nullify us and score on set set pieces, long balls, and breakaways. As every member of the team syncs with each other and with what the manager wants, we can expect to see this type of outcome. I do not expect (and do not want) Lowe to change his philosophy or style. In the meantime scapegoating the defense is an easy way to vent while ignoring the big picture.

This. :thumbup:

Apr 1, 2017
Definitely need to return to a flat back four, we can then do away with the deadwood of Canavan and Wootton.
Hopefully with a stronger defence and midfield we can start to see some attacking football which has so far deserted us this season.

Aug 5, 2016
evil_dave86":1lftbo7t said:
Justin":1lftbo7t said:
Cobi Budge":1lftbo7t said:
HC Green":1lftbo7t said:
Cobi Budge":1lftbo7t said:

Laughable.

Reuben Reid, Carl McHugh, Ben Purrington, Luke McCormick, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, were not League 2 journeymen.

But whatever, sack Lowe and bring Adams. Amirite???

John Sheridan inherited most of those players!

Mellor probably cost us promotion with a major mistake every other game, he has hardly got Bulgarian and Portuguese clubs knocking on his door.

Sheridan's best players were loans, and the reality is that was more luck than judgement. Adams never inherited crap because Shez spent most of his budget paying other clubs' players.

DA signed Jervis and sold him, signed Carey and Lameiras and had Championship/European top flight clubs after them. Shez had Nathan Thomas and gave him away for free. Let's not make out Sheridan was a genius club builder and Adams was an idiot.

Mar 23, 2008
Justin":26px27r4 said:
Cobi Budge":26px27r4 said:
HC Green":26px27r4 said:
Cobi Budge":26px27r4 said:

Laughable.

Utter nonsense, completely inaccurate. Sheridan left McCormick, Nelse, Hartley, Mellor, McHugh, Reid and Brunt. Adams left Lowe with Riley, Wootton, Sarcevic, Taylor and Canavan. If you can't see the difference in quality then perhaps foty isn't your game.