Pompey v Argyle Match Thread | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pompey v Argyle Match Thread

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Criticise Lowe all you want, but Portsmouth could have easily scored on at least 5 occasions before Law, Garrick or Agard came on.
One cross clearly hit Wilson's hand and it was a miracle we didn't concede a penalty from it.
Scarr was only a couple of inches from blocking the equalising goal anyway, he was desperately unlucky. Their clogger centre half turned and swiped at it, scuffed it downwards under Scarr's boot and Cooper had no time to react.
Lowe has built an excellent team that is going to be up there at the end of the season. Not only that, he really got the lads going from the first half perfomance to the second, which was electric.
Lets not have any moaning about Lowe and his subs. Portsmouth went absolutely all out to save Cowley's job and gave our goal some relentless pressure. That's football.
Agree with all of that

Reactions: Chip green

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Is it time to sign up Galloway on a longer time contract now or is it not an option?
I really hope Lowe has already been working on it. Or at least, I hope, that the club included an automatic extension until May in the original contract

Reactions: Doyley43

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Too many changes at the end for me. Ryan Law didn't settle and the team dropped too deep. Portsmouth are such an average side but we let them come at us and you don't want to be desperately defending crosses into your box in injury time.

Such a shame it had to be Pan who missed the clearance that led to the cross they scored from. He was absolutely magnificent all night and we need to get his contract extended asap. Cowley told his players to target him but he still ended up with two assists and I'm sure even their fans were impressed. He was pure class.
Thing is he’s dammed if he does and damned if he doesn’t make the changes. All mangers do it to eat up time but we just started to drop too deep. Still a great point though. I still don’t get 5 mins extra time added on

Sep 25, 2010
What ever Lowe did at halftime was a revelation, he got them going,hence the second half turnaround.

Can’t complain about the subs, Broom, Hardie and Jephcott were trying badly. Subs were excellent

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Three consecutive 2 all games with Pompey I think.

Hope Scarr's knock isn't serious.

Despite conceding two, thought our back three were very good. Camara becoming a marked man - literally tonight 1st half, but two assists a perfect response.

Felt Grant was targeted effectively by Pompey, but, despite the early yellow he put in a shift. Hardie - not sure about the bandage attire - but really answering those who doubted him last season.

Pompey used physicality to have better of the first half. A draw is not a disaster in my view.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Fair result - and we couldn't have complained if we'd lost - but God that was a gutting finish. After a poor, scrappy first half the second was terrific edge-of-the-seat stuff. Could have been 5-5. As the disappointment subsides we can appreciate a thoroughly enjoyable match.

We've got a really decent team...looking forward to the rest of the season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I thought we needed freshening up. Agreed with all of the subs at the time. Hindsight eh?

Feeling more positive than negative tonight.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Heartbreaking finish but I think any fair minded person would say Pompey were worth a point. 4 points from 2 aways this week is a great return. This side is really starting to look the part.

Reactions: Mark Pedlar
Aug 24, 2009
I really do not understand that after watching a such good game of soccer why supporters cannot give there view without some of our own becoming so aggressive,then I think well its easy whilst sitting at a key pad. Enjoy the evening Martyn.

Reactions: Knibbsworth

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
After losing at home tonight, I can’t imagine Crewe wanting to play us next.

One win in eight games for them so far.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
These last minute goals just happen in football, I don’t think there’s anything or anyone necessarily to blame.

You see it all the time at the top level, how many times do commentators say the losing team ‘will get one chance’ and they always do. When one team is pushing everyone forward and hammering the penalty area, it’s inevitable.

Next time we’ll keep it out (y)

Reactions: David Doidge
Jun 27, 2019
I thought we needed freshening up. Agreed with all of the subs at the time. Hindsight eh?
I didn't - hindsight is an easy counter to fall back on.

It's frustrating because we played by far the better football and could have seen that game out if we'd stayed on the front foot. But three changes in quick succession disrupted our rhythm and we suddenly looked a lot less assured in possession.

I do agree with you about feeling more positive than negative, though. We're a side transformed from last season.

Reactions: moles40
Jun 7, 2015
Its proper gutting but its all just emotion of the timing of the goal, like a lot of people i'd definitely taken a point beforehand. If the roles were reversed, they went ahead and we equalised late i'd be feeling a lot better about exactly the same result tonight. Nothing can change it now, but hopefully Donny and Crewe are getting worried. Most impressive tonight, Galloway and Hardie best for me.