(Poll) Will you be buying a season ticket? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Poll) Will you be buying a season ticket?

Will you buy a season ticket

• Yes - no question about it

Votes: 62 34.3%
  • Possibly - depends who owns us

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • Possibly - depends on the price

Votes: 37 20.4%
  • No - no possibility

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 24, 2007
Bath
It's a "No - no possibility" for me. This will be the the first season I've not had one for a long time, nothing to do with who is at the club or the cost of a season ticket, just down to the price of petrol. It cost around £850 in petrol just to get to home games last season. If I lived in the Plymouth area then it would be and always would be a big YES from me.

Also included in the "No" are my 3 kids season tickets, they have had their season tickets from the start even though they were born in Bath and have never lived in Plymouth, I'm sure they will be very pleased to read that they are now seen as "not true Argyle Supporters". :twisted:

L

Laughter My Ploy

Don't worry about those who roll out the idiotic 'true supporter' line its a totally bonkers arguement

Until the ground is sold out totally with season ticket holders (and I don't think any club does that even if they could for good reason)....the pay on the dayers or other memberships are as valuable to the club as anyone else

Sorry nothing to do with the vote

Dec 7, 2006
Laughter My Ploy":1c4bkv50 said:
Don't worry about those who roll out the idiotic 'true supporter' line its a totally bonkers arguement

Until the ground is sold out totally with season ticket holders (and I don't think any club does that even if they could for good reason)....the pay on the dayers or other memberships are as valuable to the club as anyone else

Um, I think you'll find Swansea just have for next season! Overnight queues for the remaining 2000 (out of 16K) last week. PL rules say that 2,000 tickets must be kept back for potd and about the same number for away supporters. That's their 20K stadium filled for just about every home game. (How the bleddy hell does a poxy little dump like Swansea manage to be successful and we can't? :x ). Answers on a postcard etc...........

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
FordGreen":2qrd510i said:
Laughter My Ploy":2qrd510i said:

Um, I think you'll find Swansea just have for next season! Overnight queues for the remaining 2000 (out of 16K) last week. PL rules say that 2,000 tickets must be kept back for potd and about the same number for away supporters. That's their 20K stadium filled for just about every home game. (How the bleddy hell does a poxy little dump like Swansea manage to be successful and we can't? :x ). Answers on a postcard etc...........

Maybe someone that gives a poo about the team is in charge of the club.

M

Monkey Nuts

I may not be this year, but not because of any of the goings on at the club etc, simply because work commitments will see me missing probably 10 next season. So i'll prob just POTD

N

newquaygreen

Until last season I had bought a White Ticket x 2 however a combination of my son not being able to attend so reguarly and the crap off the pitch I didn't renew. As he was under 17 I might have renewed as the loss if he did not attend was low. The board stuff really had an impact on me, not the playing staff and results

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
X Isle":k54gldw4 said:
Green_Matt":k54gldw4 said:
Most likely won't buy an ST at all unless it's very cheap. The ownership isn't likely to have any influence on my decision. But if there's something similar to the old White Membership I'd likely go for it, just in case there's some remote possibility of needed priority for a big game.

So a consortium of the mafia, gadaffi and a bunch of paedophiles take over and you'd give of your money?.

It makes a huge difference so you shouldn't part with a penny until you know.
Football moved beyond the influence of normal people years ago, so I'm resigned to the club being owned by people I may not approve of. If the debt hadn't been so large we could have been a trust-run club by now but we all know that it's not going to be possible. While we wait for the debts to be wiped out (probably never unless we miraculously qualify for the Champions League in a few years' time) we'll have to go along with it like 99% of other football supporters.

Oct 24, 2010
graiser":eowsi5v4 said:
A 100% categoric yes i will be renewing as soon as they're on sale, don't see why any true Argyle Supporter is even discussing it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now FFS lets discuss how we are going to support the beys next season and not "IF"
Couldn't agree with you more; you either support the club or you don't.

Feb 21, 2008
esmer":15mfdu0y said:
graiser":15mfdu0y said:
A 100% categoric yes i will be renewing as soon as they're on sale, don't see why any true Argyle Supporter is even discussing it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now FFS lets discuss how we are going to support the beys next season and not "IF"
Couldn't agree with you more; you either support the club or you don't.[/quote

I don't think that's true, I support Argyle the same as I have for 30+ years but with a massive pay cut in the pipeline then another set of crappy owners may make me less likely to try and stretch the pennies a bit further............that being said I most likely will renew :)

May 22, 2006
esmer":u28qvt5a said:
graiser":u28qvt5a said:

I don't support the club then.

G

Greenskin

Andrew Owen":1kolvop4 said:
esmer":1kolvop4 said:
graiser":1kolvop4 said:

Strange notion really,that if you don't buy a season ticket,then you're not a supporter.I only started buying a season on a regular basis about 7 years ago,essentially in order to guarantee a seat every week on Argyle's return to the CCC.I was always a POTD man prior to that,still attended every game after the cricket season was over,though and plenty of away ones,too.I'm reverting to POTD this season-whether i'll attend every game or not entirely depends on how things pan out-i'm utterly disgusted at the way the club has been butchered over the past 5 years and don't really find the thought of giving Ridsdale and the dummies who are running the club my money all that appetising.Does this make me a non supporter,too? Can hardly wait for the "pee off and support Exeter" retort from someone.

O

oggyale

POTD for me - always has been,always will be. I hope to get to the same number of games as last season,which was 23.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Andrew Owen":3ne1sxmq said:
esmer":3ne1sxmq said:
graiser":3ne1sxmq said:

If this logic is to be applied then I also don't support the club.

Maybe I will have to settle for just supporting the team instead.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I don't support the club then.[/quote]

Maybe I will have to settle for just supporting the team instead.[/quote]

Yep, I went to Holland last year for pre season, had a ST and did 11 away games but because I hesitate on renewing my ST Im not a fan?

OK Im not a fan, if it makes you feel better.

But bet I still do more matches next season than you :)

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
tonycholwell":dl6jwi3h said:

Maybe I will have to settle for just supporting the team instead.[/quote]

Yep, I went to Holland last year for pre season, had a ST and did 11 away games but because I hesitate on renewing my ST Im not a fan?

OK Im not a fan, if it makes you feel better.

But bet I still do more matches next season than you :)[/quote]

You will indeed. My budget will probably only allow for about 10 visits to home park next season.