Points based ticket priority | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Points based ticket priority

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
I voted against for the reasons previously stated regarding a closed shop. Reading the Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday forums before their league games at Home Park, there were numerous complaints that the same people got the tickets. I should also state that having been to 41 games last season (would have been 43 if not for Covid) I would be one of the people that benefitted from a points based system but I am still opposed.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Bring back the 1886 membership - worked well for exiles such as myself who do a number of away games but only make it to Home Park around once a season.

Needs something in place for non season ticket supporters who regularly do away games as can’t see a lot of the games reaching general sale based on the number of season tickets sold this season ( which I’m pleased to see for the clubs sake ) .

My thoughts would be the points system would be for non season ticket holders only ( season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets due to having invested in a season ticket ). Allow season ticket holders 2/3 of available tickets and then a points / scheme for some of the remaining tickets and finally a small % kept back for general sale so tries to cover all bases - not ideal and a lot of organisations but to me the fairest way.

Also agree that Fleetwood away on a Tue night could sell out on a points system as supporters build up points with out travelling…..

COYG

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
I voted against. But I think this is one that whichever way it goes, someone will be disadvantaged.

I'm a BGL member and a selling point is the 2nd priority for tickets. That was not my reason for joining, but it is a benefit. If an away game, such as Exeter, is sold out by season ticket holder and/or those with 2nd priority who got in the queue before me then so be it.

If it becomes such that only those with the high points can attend, then those fans who can never qualify, could give up trying and find something else to do - never to return. And that birthday treat first visit to Home Park for their kiddie becomes a KFC!

Andy70

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 12, 2020
So, let’s say you live in Lancashire and the only game you go to all season is Fleetwood away, 50 points.

I go to every home game on my ST and a few ‘local’ away games, so zero points for the 23 home games I attend and a handful of points for Exeter, Bristol Rovers, FG away …

… Yep, gets my vote 👌
The article on the club site says:
"As an example – many clubs operating a points system assign 230 points to a season-ticket holder at the point of purchase, while individual match tickets are assigned values of five points per home fixture, and 10 points per away fixture."
So if I understand that correctly, in that scenario you get 230 points as a season ticket holder, not zero.

Reactions: SWTT
May 16, 2016
One of my in-laws once told me of his Forest Away membership, some scheme where for an extra fee, you got higher priority for away games.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't like posting Palace stuff on here but here is how our Loyalty Points work.

Season Ticket 500 points
Membership 200 points
Home games non ST holders 20 points
Away games in London plus Liverpool, Man U, Southampton and Brighton. 20 points
All other away games. 40 points
Home Cup matches. 20 points
Away Cup games. 20/40 points TBC once draw known
Away Season Ticket. 580 points (which is the same as the total of all individual away tickets)

In addition you earn 1 point for every pound spent in the club shop, club bars and matchday food outlets.

Loyalty Points totals are cumulative and are NOT reset each year. Last season most away games opened with sales to those with 6,000 points, then 4,000 in the second phase but varied depending upon the popularity of the fixture. It then went to general sale where no points were required.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I’m a member of the England Supporters Travel Club and we have a ‘cap’ based system so the more games you attend home and away the better chance you get for tix to the big games etc. However, ONLY 70% of tix available are guaranteed to go to the ‘top cappers’ with the remainder going into a ballot so that England fans with only a few ‘caps’ can still get to games and build a loyalty. It’s worked for years with a few tweaks along the way. Not perfect but it does work 👍

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
The article on the club site says:
"As an example – many clubs operating a points system assign 230 points to a season-ticket holder at the point of purchase, while individual match tickets are assigned values of five points per home fixture, and 10 points per away fixture."
So if I understand that correctly, in that scenario you get 230 points as a season ticket holder, not zero.
So if a season ticket holder technically buys a seat for someone else, as we often do because we are in the system, do they get the additional five or 10 points?

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I don't like posting Palace stuff on here but here is how our Loyalty Points work.

Season Ticket 500 points
Membership 200 points
Away Season Ticket. 580 points (which is the same as the total of all individual away tickets)

In addition you earn 1 point for every pound spent in the club shop, club bars and matchday food outlets.

Loyalty Points totals are cumulative and are NOT reset each year. Last season most away games opened with sales to those with 6,000 points, then 4,000 in the second phase but varied depending upon the popularity of the fixture. It then went to general sale where no points were required.
If we were to have a points system I like the point for every pound spent in shop and concessions.
Though as a parent with two under 18s I have one question/issue which is that I and my wife may spend money on them. So it does not help if only the Bank of Mum and Dad benefits, they need to as well, so a family unit points benefit. If there is, say a tasty cup game, and only the two adults have the required extra points because we pay for extras at the club, then we are unlikely to go if the small mushrooms cannot come too.

Reactions: saxman

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If we were to have a points system I like the point for every pound spent in shop and concessions.
Though as a parent with two under 18s I have one question/issue which is that I and my wife may spend money on them. So it does not help if only the Bank of Mum and Dad benefits, they need to as well, so a family unit points benefit. If there is, say a tasty cup game, and only the two adults have the required extra points because we pay for extras at the club, then we are unlikely to go if the small mushrooms cannot come too.
The Loyalty points account that gets credited is the season ticket or membership card that is "tapped in" at the kiosk or club shop so you can always use theirs and alternate between transactions.

Last edited:
Reactions: boletus edulis

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
So if a season ticket holder technically buys a seat for someone else, as we often do because we are in the system, do they get the additional five or 10 points?
No, season ticket holders do not get points for additional tickets bought for League games for guests. Buy them a pint though, and you do get points.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I know it has been asked before, but are we doing the Flexi membership this season ? Sure it’s normally available by now. Maybe with the extra season tickets sold that are not doing it this season ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I know it has been asked before, but are we doing the Flexi membership this season ? Sure it’s normally available by now. Maybe with the extra season tickets sold that are not doing it this season ?

There will be Flexi tickets, it's just that the details haven't been announced yet.

Reactions: Ipplepen green

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts

Season Ticket 500 points
Membership 200 points

LC - Thanks for sharing this - I personally find it interesting and beneficial to see how other clubs operate and especially a non top 6 prem team ( as this I feel is the ceiling of where, even the most optimistic Argyle supporter thinks we can inspire to….)

The prem to me we be a massive wake up call to the majority of Argyle fans as and when we make it 😎

COYG

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie