Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters
Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Greenpafcpete":3o1imima said:
Ian Holloway would in my opinion be so risky as an appointment as it would immediately split the fanbase which we do not need at this time no matter how much good he could most probably do in either league one or two.

I for one do not want Steve Evans anywhere near this club in the same way as I wouldnt want Gareth Ainsworth ever near us either, both complete tools!

Someone mentioned Gary Rowett with Kevin Summerfield as assistant manager now that would be my dream appointment but its not going to happen not in League One forget League Two if we go down.

The most obvious and safest two appointments would be Keith Hill or Paul Hurst who both have had success with small budgets but also both had poor recent records. Paul Hurst was up against it at Ipswich so may have been a poisoned chalice job and what worries me about Keith Hill was he seemed to run out of ideas at Rochdale or does he just need a fresh challenge because it went stale at Rochdale?

No for Hill did well at Rochdale using loans from local north west clubs wouldn't have that luxury this fr from home think Paul Hurst and Darryl Clarke are probably good bets
Either that or Cooper at Forest Green who has had a decent amount of experience for a youngish manger

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Interestingly just missed out on Robbie Fowler ! Surely would have preferred Argyle to the Broncos !
Wonder if we should contact Daveed about any up and coming French managers?

May 16, 2016
Shankster":1sztr5vm said:
You can only hope that the Chairman that many laud so much has already done his groundwork, that would after-all be his job, no? Hallett is not stupid

Agreed. There's probably been several CVs in his Argyle Stuff filing cabinet for quite some time.

Sep 13, 2003
Paul Hurst the ex Shrewsbury manager? Didn't work out for him at Ipswich but then a long line of managers have failed there.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Betvictor have just released the first set of odds:

Holloway 4/1
Johnson 6/1
Hill 8/1
Hurst 8/1
Flynn 10/1
Evans 10/1
Nancekivell 10/1
Campbell 12/1
D. Clarke - 12/1
Warburton 14/1
J. Saunders 16/1
Powell - 20/1
Nolan 20/1
Kewell 20/1
Appleton 20/1
D. Moore 20/1
Waddock 20/1
Sven Goran-Erikkson 25/1

Oct 16, 2016
I’d love to see someone like David Wagner (recently of Huddersfield) he was a good guy who did wonders with them, came across as a decent chap too

Sep 13, 2003
Carlo":mzqur0aj said:
Clarke at 12/1 is well worth a punt IMO

Thanks for the consideration but I am gainfully employed already and committed to living in London.

Chuck in a free pasty and Doombar allowance and I may reconsider.

999mattyg

⚽️ Player Sponsor ⚽️
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Pogleswoody":vkuger10 said:
DrP78":vkuger10 said:
Let's not go for John Coleman. In his post-match interview he says 'They need a reality check, the Plymouth fans' and talks about the great job Adams has done and the wonderful football we've played under him. What a clown!

Not at all!! That's a very clever twist of the knife in Dadams's back. Very crafty!! 'But Derek, I supported you!!' :whistle: :lol:

Rubbish. I think Coleman was being genuinely supportive after witnessing the vile, racist abuse Adams received!
No excuses for behavior like that.