Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers - the build up | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers - the build up

May 3, 2019
Are we going to see more than 10,000 brave souls up there this evening? Anyone know how many WWFC bringing?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
We’ve certainly got a more resilient defence to deal with Wycombes longer ball tactics, and we won’t be bullied by teams physically anymore which happened a fair bit last season in my view.

Don’t really care if this match is 93 mins or 99 and I’m sure the players won’t be worried either if Wycombe start playing their gamesmanship. We’ll create chances and we’re very strong at home.

This game will see us bounce back I think and get a win by the odd goal.
Actually I hope it's nearer 99 (or more!) otherwise it'll mean the ref's been conned and hasn't added enough time to compensate for their time wasting. Unless we're winning, of course, in which case I hope it's exactly 90!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Wycombe's form during November has been worryingly bad in the lead up to this game but at least they did manage to win their last game against Bolton. If they'd lost that one I'd be absolutely certain that they'll turn us over tonight.

It'll be interesting to see if Akinfenwa plays at all and how he does - at some point he's got to lose his mysterious hold over Argyle defenders

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I'll be disapointed if it's less than 12.5K
Me too Guzz. Let’s hope too many haven't been reading the horror stories on here. Could be down to 8.5k 😀

Personally, I'm looking forward to a hard fought and entertaining match. Argyle to shade it 2-1 and Gareth Ainsworth singing the blues afterwards.