Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers - the build up | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Wycombe Wanderers - the build up

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Looking for a response and it’ll be interesting to see if he changes things up.

head says score draw
Heart says 1-3
I agree. We're due a dip at some point and I wouldn't put it past Wycombe to wind everybody up even more and sneak a win tonight with Fattyfenwa scoring. Jeez, I REALLY hope I'm wrong because if there's one team I wince at losing to its them.

Reactions: Tugboat

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I suggest you look up the verb 'dictate' in the dictionary as you don't appear to understand it.

You know, it’s really boring you trying to hijack threads with petty squabbles. You don’t like people discussing Wycombe’s football style on a Wycombe thread? Fine, ignore the thread, but don’t tell people not to discuss it.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ
Dec 30, 2020
I can see the point of view of both those enraged by Wycombe's almost comical levels of cynicism, and those heartened by their success as a smaller club punching above their weight. Gareth Ainsworth comes across as someone with a bit of a hinterland beyond football and his interviews don't read like they were pre-programmed by a PR agency , which I like ( and from memory, his respectful comments towards Argyle also provide a bit of a contrast with the sportsmanship of his team).

All in all I'd say the fact that there's enough 'narrative' around this fixture to - for example - turn the pre-match thread into a 10-pager suggests it grabs people's attention more than the average game, which is probably a good thing for Argyle.

Sep 6, 2006
You know, it’s really boring you trying to hijack threads with petty squabbles. You don’t like people discussing Wycombe’s football style on a Wycombe thread? Fine, ignore the thread, but don’t tell people not to discuss it.
The thread should be about the build up to the game but several people insist on going on and on about previous Wycombe tactics. About THREE years ago. Its tedious and am not the only one to say it. Thats MY opinion. Where did I dictate to people? Wind your neck in. Seems like you are the one causing a squabble.

Reactions: Devongreenowl

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Good for you.

Meanwhile I'll post what I want within the rules of this site.

I hope they get relegated with haste back to whence they came. Odious club.
I’m sorry but I agree with Ian in this one! I do like Akinfenwa though. I hope they have changed their ways so tonight will tell especially if they go ahead. In the past they have cheated and that’s not really gamesmanship in my opinion. Let’s hope tonight they can change my view on things.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think Agard for Garrick

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The thread should be about the build up to the game but several people insist on going on and on about previous Wycombe tactics. About THREE years ago. Its tedious and am not the only one to say it. Thats MY opinion. Where did I dictate to people? Wind your neck in. Seems like you are the one causing a squabble.

Wycombe’s tactics are part of the discussion about the Wycombe match. Wind your own neck in, sunshine.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Interesting word ‘dictator’. Sometimes people with ator in their title, act like the former. Not always, but often enough to stand out from the more moderate ators.
😀

Enjoy the game tonight folks. First of two key matches at home for Argyle. Minimum of 4 points required I think.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Ponty