Plymouth Argyle v Wigan Athletic - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan Athletic - the build up

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
It’s going to be very windy. Maybe not a game for the connoisseur although probably mileage in keeping the ball on the floor. Coming down with my family for this one. Wrap up people!

Jan 2, 2006
Tickets for this game are now sold out for argyle fans according to the ticketmaster site. Seeing as it was reported that Wigan have sold just under 700 I wonder if they will move the segregation along to be half of block 21 and so freeing up the other half of block 20 for argyle fans…

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
On the stadium plan printed on match-day tickets, blocks 23 & 22 are shown as reserved for away supporters.

Blocks 21, 20 & 19 are identified as "Barn Park End".

Blocks 18 and down are Lyndhurst.

That suggests to me that Block 20 should readily be able to be used for home supporters, and possibly half of Block 21 with segregation netting on the other half of Block 21.

Anyone know if there's any reason why this can't happen?

Jun 27, 2019
Tickets for this game are now sold out for argyle fans according to the ticketmaster site. Seeing as it was reported that Wigan have sold just under 700 I wonder if they will move the segregation along to be half of block 21 and so freeing up the other half of block 20 for argyle fans…
Tinpot.

(Go on, Owl, fill your boots with that one!).

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Moron supporters be the short answer. Value of each seat to Argo circa £11, has to be weighed against the potential cost of additonal police and stewards if they are required with the fans in closer proximity.
Understand your point Ghost, but not sure it stacks up.

Against Ipswich there was only half a block of segregation (Block 20 - half netting, half Argo fans) and it looks like the same will apply tomorrow.

Ipswich pretty much filled Blocks 21, 22 & 23, but if Wigan (or anyone else) only want Blocks 22 & 23, why can't the segregation be moved one block across, giving the whole of Block 20 (and half of Block 21 if needs be) to home supporters? I thought the internal dividing partition under the BPE concourse is movable to allow for this?

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Understand your point Ghost, but not sure it stacks up.

Against Ipswich there was only half a block of segregation (Block 20 - half netting, half Argo fans) and it looks like the same will apply tomorrow.

Ipswich pretty much filled Blocks 21, 22 & 23, but if Wigan (or anyone else) only want Blocks 22 & 23, why can't the segregation be moved one block across, giving the whole of Block 20 (and half of Block 21 if needs be) to home supporters? I thought the internal dividing partition under the BPE concourse is movable to allow for this?
For clarity, the combination of access flow, concourse facilities and vomitory placement are the primary factors behind the segregation point - rather than fan behaviour or policing/stewarding costs.

If we were to sell into block 21 and beyond for home fans, they would overcrowd the existing concourse space from block 20 backwards, as we have sold beyond the home segregation point.

In addition, there are other factors to consider, including access/egress, and general facilities underneath the Barn Park End, which houses, among other things, a classroom for the Community Trust.

With attendances as strong as they have been, research and planning is ongoing to find an appropriate solution to maximise our capacity potential, but we remain limited in the short term, unfortunately.

DC

Reactions: Green rottie

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
For clarity, the combination of access flow, concourse facilities and vomitory placement are the primary factors behind the segregation point - rather than fan behaviour or policing/stewarding costs.

If we were to sell into block 21 and beyond for home fans, they would overcrowd the existing concourse space from block 20 backwards, as we have sold beyond the home segregation point.

In addition, there are other factors to consider, including access/egress, and general facilities underneath the Barn Park End, which houses, among other things, a classroom for the Community Trust.

With attendances as strong as they have been, research and planning is ongoing to find an appropriate solution to maximise our capacity potential, but we remain limited in the short term, unfortunately.

DC
Thanks for the reply DC