🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Game is sold out

Reactions: Gazza
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
For clarity, the combination of access flow, concourse facilities and vomitory placement are the primary factors behind the segregation point - rather than fan behaviour or policing/stewarding costs.

If we were to sell into block 21 and beyond for home fans, they would overcrowd the existing concourse space from block 20 backwards, as we have sold beyond the home segregation point.

In addition, there are other factors to consider, including access/egress, and general facilities underneath the Barn Park End, which houses, among other things, a classroom for the Community Trust.

With attendances as strong as they have been, research and planning is ongoing to find an appropriate solution to maximise our capacity potential, but we remain limited in the short term, unfortunately.

DC
Thanks Christian for the explanation, this is most appreciated. But even more for putting the term “vomitory placement” into my vocabulary. Much obliged.

• Haha
Reactions: FourMarkGreen
Dec 3, 2005
For clarity, the combination of access flow, concourse facilities and vomitory placement are the primary factors behind the segregation point - rather than fan behaviour or policing/stewarding costs.

If we were to sell into block 21 and beyond for home fans, they would overcrowd the existing concourse space from block 20 backwards, as we have sold beyond the home segregation point.

In addition, there are other factors to consider, including access/egress, and general facilities underneath the Barn Park End, which houses, among other things, a classroom for the Community Trust.

With attendances as strong as they have been, research and planning is ongoing to find an appropriate solution to maximise our capacity potential, but we remain limited in the short term, unfortunately.

DC
The obvious solution - though it wouldn't go down well - would be to have the away end in the Demport End, then you could have ALL of the Barn Park End open to Home Fans. I said it wouldn't go down well lol

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The obvious solution - though it wouldn't go down well - would be to have the away end in the Demport End, then you could have ALL of the Barn Park End open to Home Fans. I said it wouldn't go down well lol
I'm with you on that one if we are in the Championship particularly.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
How would that increase numbers? Surely the barrier would still be there but in the Spion Kop corner!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
One advantage I guess is that segregation would be much less with the gap for the vehicles to drive into the ground already there and meaning probably only a small number of seats might be lost at the top corner of block 5?
I'm not sure what the exact layout is under the Devonport End. Is it less of a problem separating fans of opposing teams should only one or two blocks be required for visiting fans? Most games in the Championship would have a pretty full away contingent I would think.
Also of course getting away fans in and out would be easier for the police and stewards.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The strong gusty winds were forecast to die down before the game but the latest forecast says the winds will continue through the game which will be a problem and spoil it.

Jan 2, 2006
One advantage I guess is that segregation would be much less with the gap for the vehicles to drive into the ground already there and meaning probably only a small number of seats might be lost at the top corner of block 5?

So you think we should give the away fans five blocks rather than three reducing the home fan capacity further by about 1000?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
So you think we should give the away fans five blocks rather than three reducing the home fan capacity further by about 1000?
I think you'll find the capacity in the Barn Park End is greater than that of the Devonport End. Today 2 blocks will be empty in the Barn Park End. IF we were in the Championship demand for away tickets would be greater with many clubs selling out. If segregation would be less and it was easier to separate home and away fans in the concourse underneath and to access respective seats then it makes a lot of sense and would increase capacity for a sell out. The policing of 2,000 or so away fans would be much easier. Without knowing the logistics compared to the BE End as far as concourse and vomitory issues go I don't know if it would be beneficial or not though.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
As the wind's coming from the north hopefully the horseshoe will shelter the worst of it. Might not be too pleasant for those in the Mayflower, though, but at least it should be dry.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I went out for my run this morning and can confirm that it’s a bit windy out there but nothing that troublesome (in Plymouth at least). It’s a fairly unusual wind direction (north), which is obviously cold but as warney points out is probably the most sheltered from the perspective of the Home Park pitch (although it made my last couple of miles back from the the Hoe via Mutley Plain and Mannamead Road a bit of a plod).

Jul 28, 2020
Good idea.Think it’s been discussed before.

If I was to put my ‘dreamer’ hat on and one day Argyle get to the top of the championship or premiership it would be fantastic if the Barn Park End could be developed upwards .... something similar ( but smaller) than the Holte End at Villa Park. Have always loved the Holte End since our semi- final v Watford. ‘The Jack Leslie Stand” anyone ? It’s all a bit of day- dreaming on my behalf.

I think it’s great Man Utd have been able to honour Alex Ferguson by re- naming one of their stands - it would be good if we could do similar by finding a space for one of our modern day legends : Tommy Tynan.