Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 83 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
He’s 31 , not quick player, not known as a target man that some want on here. Hasn’t done that great scoring wise for years and would probably expect to command a wage that would be the one of if not the highest at our club and he’d also go against our policy of trying to bring in players with a re-sale value. That enough reasons ??
I remember a chap called Tommy Tynan who was an elder player, who was not a target man, who came to Argyle and was quite successful in his day. Is Grigg a latter day Tynan I wonder?

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I realise that the rumour on Will Grigg may be complete nonsense. But reading the below from the Rotheram manager and thinking about the impact of having some experience and a streetwise centre forward to compliment the young lads starts to have its appeal

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
So for me l don’t care about them young or old. Experienced or not. I just want them to fit in with the team idenity.

For example, we talked about pressing in this pre-season. So to me we need a forward who can harass a back line. Someone with the attributes of a Jamie Mackie type would be perfect l feel in our current set up.

Jul 12, 2016
I remember a chap called Tommy Tynan who was an elder player, who was not a target man, who came to Argyle and was quite successful in his day. Is Grigg a latter day Tynan I wonder?
If he is half as good as Tommy was I'd sign him without hesitation.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The Adam Armstrong who they bought for £15m last summer, you mean?

I'd prefer that too. And with the greatest respect to my misses, I'd also prefer to wake up next to Katy Perry every morning.

Armstrong has already been loaned out at least twice to championship clubs tbf

Aug 17, 2005
Armstrong has already been loaned out at least twice to championship clubs tbf
Last season was on loan to Blackburn where he didn't exactly do well with 23 appearances. Southampton have said he is going out on loan for the season so yeah small possibility but one can hope.

Aug 17, 2005

Southampton tried to sell him back to Newcastle but was rejected. The article shows he jasnt been a success at championship clubs. With them wanting to sell him they need him scoring goals so maybe they will let him go down to a league one club to get in the window. As the article shows last 17 matches was unused sub. Thwre is also the question qill another championship club yake a gamble

Reactions: teessidepilgrim
Aug 17, 2005
This the same Adam Armstrong who got 28 goals and 5 assists in 40 league games two seasons ago in the Championship? And you think we may have a small chance of signing him? Can tell it’s preseason 😆
Yes agreed I know its a big big ask but the talk is about having will grigg who has been on a merry go round since doing nothing and leaving Sunderland. Having been at Sunderland his wages won't come cheap and saying I qould prefer armstrong if qe are paying out that sort of money

Reactions: JannerinCardiff