Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 121 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Following the musicals analogy, I wonder what they were singing during the transfer window? maybe it was..

"Your the one that I want..
ooh ooh ohh..honey,
the one that I want..
ooh ooh ooh,
the one I need,
oh yes indeed!"

I can see Nance as our 'Danny'... in tight black leathers, wooing potential players in with his cool Travolta moves :oops::cool:🕺

Jun 27, 2021
Are we really spending 20 percent more in wages? I’m not saying I’m unhappy with the signings, I feel we have made decent signing. However looking at the ins and outs (including loans returning) I can’t see where this increase is. Obviously I’m not in the know of the contracts coming in but can’t see where such an increase is.

Jul 28, 2020
Are we really spending 20 percent more in wages? I’m not saying I’m unhappy with the signings, I feel we have made decent signing. However looking at the ins and outs (including loans returning) I can’t see where this increase is. Obviously I’m not in the know of the contracts coming in but can’t see where such an increase is.
Agree. We’ve done some good business ( although sorry to see Jeffers leave) - but we do look threadbear now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a free agent arrive....

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
But will that money be pumped in to the team?

No I don’t think so. I think it will go towards infrastructure projects to increase our revenue streams for the long term. And I totally agree with that.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Following the musicals analogy, I wonder what they were singing during the transfer window? maybe it was..

ooh ooh ohh..honey,
the one that I want..
ooh ooh ooh,
the one I need,
oh yes indeed!"

I can see Nance as our 'Danny'... in tight black leathers, wooing potential players in with his cool Travolta moves :oops::cool:🕺
You gotta pick a pocket or two?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
As far as I understand it our budget has increased by 20%. That doesn't mean we're actually spending it all.

Jun 27, 2021
As far as I understand it our budget has increased by 20%. That doesn't mean we're actually spending it all.
I get that, but why leave ourselves so short if the budget is there. Maybe scope for free signings and January business, however I feel lack of depth cost us last season, hopefully dosnt impact is as much this season.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
I get that, but why leave ourselves so short if the budget is there. Maybe scope for free signings and January business, however I feel lack of depth cost us last season, hopefully dosnt impact is as much this season.
Lack of depth cost us most during last month or two of last season, maybe money is being kept to use in January or for one or two free agents to give us more squad depth for second half of the season.

Reactions: Bryan Tregunna
Sep 22, 2003
Lack of depth cost us most during last month or two of last season, maybe money is being kept to use in January or for one or two free agents to give us more squad depth for second half of the season.
Makes perfect sense to save the money until you need it. By January we should have players back from injury, but quite possibly have other key players out.
We will then have money in the bank to address the issue at that time.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
It would be extremely foolish to blow the budget we have in one transfer window- nothing wrong with keeping a sum of money back in the budget kitty in readiness for January- 3 months is a long time in football & a lot can happy

I would rather we have the means to bring in reinforcements in January if required , than have no money & have to manage with the players we have until the end of the season

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019

ooh ooh ohh..honey,
the one that I want..
ooh ooh ooh,
the one I need,
oh yes indeed!"

I'm not sure I can cope with that image on a Saturday morning!

• Haha
Reactions: Jannerz
Jun 27, 2021
Makes perfect sense to save the money until you need it. By January we should have players back from injury, but quite possibly have other key players out.
We will then have money in the bank to address the issue at that time.
But what about the month before January where we could have a similar spell, believe me I’m more than happy with how we are doing, the style and effort. However I’m a little concerned with the number.. if we can get to January with this squad, and no dip I’ll be the first one to congratulate the gamble.