Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 58 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The referees are better in the Championship so perhaps his 'assists' will be well down next season.

Nov 18, 2011
Knibbsworth":c7g2kqs2 said:
Pogleswoody":c7g2kqs2 said:
Martyn":c7g2kqs2 said:
Doubt it, age (34), is against him.

So younger players who are rumoured to be signing are either not good enough or too injury prone.
He's good enough and not injured but he's too old??

Really??

Too old for a couple of seasons in midfield in League One?

So, at what age does a good player suddenly become old, past it and useless?? :think:

The players wear vests which give them all the statistical data of how rapidly their sprint times, stamina and KMs per game are changing on a game by game basis.

Manchester City found Aguero was getting injured more frequently and for longer so decided to let him go. Then he walks into the open arms of Barcelona who can’t believe they have signed a world class striker for free.

Time will tell who was right because Aguero won’t be there on cheap wages. Does he have a 50 game season in him? If he only plays 25 matches, is that sensible value for money - when another striker aged 24 could have played double the games, scored double the goals and then been sold for €200m?

These are the same things Lowe needs to assess before signing a 34 year old player. Longevity, physical prime, injury record, pace levels, distance covered, matches fit and available for, value for money. Not many players aged 34 will be as competitive in these areas as when they were 26.

As for Lilian Nalis, we could also refresh our memories of how the Taribo West signing panned out. He was living proof that time catches up with players of even World Cup pedigree when that fat non-league Barnet striker gave him the runaround and completely embarrassed him.

Barcelona also have Griezmann, Messi, Depay, Dembele, Fati, Trincao. there's no expectation on Aguero to play 50 games a season, I imagine he'll only play 1 game a week at most and they'll try to manage his fitness.

At Argyle we don't have the luxury of a huge squad of talented players to be able to carry injury prone players in their mid 30's.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Can’t see us being interested in Mullin tbh..

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
DartingtonPilgrim":1jx46x1g said:
Does anyone know who the player is wearing the number 42 on his shirt in today's training photos?

Is he our new holding midfielder the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything? :think:

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":3rj79zuy said:
DartingtonPilgrim":3rj79zuy said:
Does anyone know who the player is wearing the number 42 on his shirt in today's training photos?

Looks like Rhys Shirley.

Thanks HC , I did wonder if it was one of the youngsters , though I thought he looked a little older .

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
lyndhurst green":mm7g89hp said:
Paul Mullin has announced via Twitter that he is definitely leaving Cambridge Utd.

Charlton fans say that he is joining them

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
lyndhurst green":sl34m7rm said:
Quintrell_Green":sl34m7rm said:
lyndhurst green":sl34m7rm said:
Paul Mullin has announced via Twitter that he is definitely leaving Cambridge Utd.

It is a pity he did not confirm he is off to Shrewsbury, to avoid further speculation.

Not confirmed yet, is it?

Mullin reportedly heading to Charlton

Aug 17, 2005
cheshiregreen":eo8xa6p1 said:
lyndhurst green":eo8xa6p1 said:
Quintrell_Green":eo8xa6p1 said:
lyndhurst green":eo8xa6p1 said:

It is a pity he did not confirm he is off to Shrewsbury, to avoid further speculation.

Not confirmed yet, is it?

Mullin reportedly heading to Charlton

There are several rumours about where he is going from boro to Birmingham down to a plethora of league 1 teams. Think he has a choice where to go ao that will exclude us

Aug 5, 2016
Can Shrewsbury really afford another big budget signing from League Two after fighting off all those clubs to sign Ryan Bowman?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Why was I expecting another signing early this week? Was something mentioned somewhere about a possible addition by Monday or did I just make that up?

:shocked: