Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 56 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
cheshiregreen":2s8g6orb said:
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-plymouth-argyle-agree-to-sign-cambridge-star-burton/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1624448239-1

The video clip certainly shows Burton to be a capable keeper, although I accept these videos never show errors. I would think young Cooper will be kept sharp by the guy's competitive ability. At 6ft 2in he is a good height.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
mervyn":2ksxc82s said:
My son rates Amadeus Sogaard LB at Bromma. I’ve long been surprised we don’t look at your local top tier for recruitment.

Surely even if we wanted to sign a 23 year old Swedish national we couldn't due to Brexit.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
cheshiregreen":1cmte2wc said:
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-plymouth-argyle-agree-to-sign-cambridge-star-burton/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1624448239-1

At least if we sign this keeper we’ll be able to play a 6 a side training match.. :lol:

Aug 17, 2005
The Doctor":1x97c4ci said:
mervyn":1x97c4ci said:
My son rates Amadeus Sogaard LB at Bromma. I’ve long been surprised we don’t look at your local top tier for recruitment.

Surely even if we wanted to sign a 23 year old Swedish national we couldn't due to Brexit.

No dint think we can, I seen Bergkamps son was released by Charlton???? As he plays midfield thought it was worth a trial. His name alone would cause attraction within plymouth. Anyway on checking he was born in Holland not UK so no point in progression

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
The Doctor":2lx893t3 said:
mervyn":2lx893t3 said:

I think there are certainly players in the league here that could do a job in L1 and even the Championship. I think the salaries are probably a little higher than in L1 though. In any case, not many of the players in the league have much in the way of international recognition, which I think is pretty much a prerequisite for coming to the UK post-Brexit.

On a side note, Brommapojkarna have a great record of bringing through players. Anders Limpar, Dejan Kulusevski and a certain Bojan Djordjic all came through there. That said, I played against one of their hall of fame members this season and had him in my pocket, so maybe the level isn't so great #Humblebrag :lol:

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
mutley marvel":18mdlbsu said:
For all we know signings could have been made & they will all be revealed over the next couple of days coinciding with the start of pre season training

Just because the last couple of days have been no news regarding the signings of players doesnt mean nothing is going on- i rather we get player recruitment spot on then just panic & sign numerous squad fillers just to make up the numbers :think:
End of June is when players contracts run out I believe, or the vat majority anyway.
So irrespective of what Lowe has said about the start of ore season unless the club are willing to spend money we won't see many come in prior to that.
There is 6 weeks of pre season so if a player misses tomorrow and Friday and maybe Saturday then next week is end of June so any new players would in my eyes be signed next week and still be classed as having a full pre season. :scarf:

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
On the pre-season interview RL says he will be happy by end of Monday (relating to signings) so would expect movement any time between now and then. It looks like this week is all about getting them back in for testing and some early work to dust off the cobwebs, so not the end of the world if some miss it (couldn't see Pan anywhere on the videos)

Jon Lucas has said that the pre-season has been elongated to spread out the fitness rather than try and crush it in over a shorter period...it all seems fairly relaxed and thought through.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Hopefully by the end of the week the ones holding out for better offers either money or proximity to where they live will become available to us.

Plus once the other clubs with plenty of money have had their fill we will be in the mix to pore over what’s left.

These will be paraded as “One we’ve been after for some time and we’re glad to get it done”

I want to get signings in by the start of pre season training? I think that was a bit naive.

Maybe we are about to be blown away by a plethora of quality signings in the next couple of days? Fingers crossed.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Lowe confirms we’ve agreed terms with a defender subject to passing a medical and that also that there was 'a contract proposal' on the table for a holding midfield player, which he was awaiting a decision on.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... er-5568576

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010