Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 40 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jun 27, 2019
Biggs":8654ikiu said:
It's best to think of players as chemicals in a formula, or ingredients in a recipe.

Dan Scarr might have been a watery carrot in a rubbish meal served up by a carp chef, but he could be a lovely honey-roasted carrot in a Sunday lunch with a better chef.

His skillset clearly didn't suit Walsall and/or they didn't use him properly, but he could be just what WE need. Happy to trust both the recruitment process, and our ability to improve him as a player.

Maybe Biggs. Though one comment about Scarr goes... 'He's okay so long as he doesn't have the ball at his feet'.

How does Ryan Lowe like his defenders to play again? Sounds like he's signing a Big Mac to go with that roast dinner you mention.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Yes criticism of Scarr on Walsall Forums, makes mistakes but they do say he is good in the air and dangerous at set pieces.
In Lowey I trust!

Couple of other little gems from Walsall Forum:

James Wilson has been released by Ipswich. Just the type of experienced, commanding centre-back we could do with.

Unfortunately Joe Edwards won’t be back. Player of the season at Plymouth and new contract offered.
We were silly to release Edwards and Morris.

In Lowey I trust! :scarf:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Scarr in league one. Wow that’s gonna be fun for the opposition
SCARR HAS GONE. Absolutely delighted.
Neither delighted nor gutted. Scarr might have done a job, but someone decided he was worth a bigger gamble. That’s the way the market works. Certainly wasn’t worth getting into too big a bidding war with a League 1 club over.
I am neither pro or anti Scarr. He was ok in this division but I am sure we can do better.
All the best to Scarr, doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets on here, hopefully Plymouth treat him with the respect he deserve, cracking player who gives 100%.
We shall see :eh:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I’m confused by this stat, Posty. Is this the Aaron Martin who is signing for Port Vale from Hamilton Academical or is there another Aaron Martin?
This player also played for Exeter City.
There is another Aaron Martin who plays for Harrogate in League 2 but it appears that he is a forward.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
WoodsyGreen":6o2a0uz3 said:
How does Ryan Lowe like his defenders to play again? Sounds like he's signing a Big Mac to go with that roast dinner you mention.

Big Mac hits the spot sometimes :)

To really labour the roast dinner analogy, sometimes a carrot just needs to be the carrot. There's a nice bit of roast beef and a Yorkshire pudding next to it, to do the fancy stuff.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Biggs":3ppycd5y said:
WoodsyGreen":3ppycd5y said:

Big Mac hits the spot sometimes :)

To really labour the roast dinner analogy, sometimes a carrot just needs to be the carrot. There's a nice bit of roast beef and a Yorkshire pudding next to it, to do the fancy stuff.

Love it Biggs. I actually think the analogy is a good one. A successful team/meal is a skilful blend of a variety of ingredients of different types.

Aug 5, 2016
WoodsyGreen":2v4m3kqd said:
Biggs":2v4m3kqd said:
It's best to think of players as chemicals in a formula, or ingredients in a recipe.

Dan Scarr might have been a watery carrot in a rubbish meal served up by a carp chef, but he could be a lovely honey-roasted carrot in a Sunday lunch with a better chef.

His skillset clearly didn't suit Walsall and/or they didn't use him properly, but he could be just what WE need. Happy to trust both the recruitment process, and our ability to improve him as a player.

Maybe Biggs. Though one comment about Scarr goes... 'He's okay so long as he doesn't have the ball at his feet'.

I dont know, Ipswich fans didn't seen to rate Wilson as a 'roast dinner' with the ball at his feet.

Just good at heading, blocking, tackling and defending. Scarr doesn't sound too dissimilar.

It is a bit worrying that Scarr comes out of League Two having made a relatively negative impression at a club finishing 19th in the division. Hopefully he just needs a fresh start, and will flourish in a new environment in the company of new teammates.

As others have said, Bradley never tore up trees at Crawley, yet looked Championship class his whole time at Argyle. Here is hoping.

Dec 30, 2020
WoodsyGreen":1xpb5ffo said:
Biggs":1xpb5ffo said:

None of the centre backs in the England squad combine aerial dominance with the ability to ping pinpoint passes about, so it's unlikely that anyone considering an offer from Argyle will fall into that bracket.

We need elements of both of those crude stereotypes and I like the sound of this fella in respect of the former. If nothing else, the need for greater physical presence in defence has been apparent for some time, so if this increasingly plausible rumour proves correct, it at least shows that Lowe and the recruitment team are correctly identifying the right areas for improvement.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":1tglo8tn said:
Yes criticism of Scarr on Walsall Forums, makes mistakes but they do say he is good in the air and dangerous at set pieces.
In Lowey I trust!

James Wilson has been released by Ipswich. Just the type of experienced, commanding centre-back we could do with.

Unfortunately Joe Edwards won’t be back. Player of the season at Plymouth and new contract offered.

Based on last season I admire your optimism.

Nov 2, 2004
One of the things to bare in mind is that we lost 5 centre backs, 6 of you include woods. Assuming we need 5 again, they are not all going to be sought after options.Scar will need to fight for his place or become a bench warmer so good luck to him and reserve judgment until he has played.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":1odo8e10 said:
Pogleswoody":1odo8e10 said:
In Lowey I trust!

Based on last season I admire your optimism.

Argyle fan oldy!!!
Have we conceded yet?
No?
So today is a good day!! :scarf:

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston