Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up | Page 58 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
signalspast":1gc2dt3r said:
I wouldnt bet against seeing macfadzean back in Argyle colours yet.

I would

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Alan Nixon reporting that we’re showing a ‘surprise interest’ in ex-Wolves and Bury goalie Jack Ruddy.

Jun 27, 2019
Alan Turing":2kzyxiv6 said:
Alan Nixon reporting that we’re showing a ‘surprise interest’ in ex-Wolves and Bury goalie Jack Ruddy.

I guess it wouldn't be a surprise with his Bury background.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Take care folks. There’s a John Ruddy and a Jack Ruddy, both are goalkeepers, one’s English and has played at a high level, one’s Scottish and hasn’t. Both have time at Wolves on their CV. I suspect quite a few fans will be confused by this!

Sep 1, 2008
The Doctor":oxcjqcu1 said:
Take care folks. There’s a John Ruddy and a Jack Ruddy, both are goalkeepers, one’s English and has played at a high level, one’s Scottish and hasn’t. Both have time at Wolves on their CV. I suspect quite a few fans will be confused by this!

Just to confuse it more, Jack's actual name is John!

He seems to have had a weird career, almost like he's been signed as a backup at every club he's been to :crazy:

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Quick and decisive...and a known entity to Rl and Schumacher /Aimson /Moore so less disruptive if called upon...

I profess to being disappointed about Miller not joining, but then maybe he wants more than we can offer...that could change if he doesn't find a club and we pick up an injury in that space...

Delighted about Reeves...I remember him bossing the game at the Valley a couple of seasons back.

Definite Sarce +

Apr 30, 2011
Does anyone feel that we are still a bit short at LWB? If we are playing well and getting results then GC at LWB is fine, but if we start shipping a few goals in or go on a bad run then having a LWB who's trade was learnt playing LB rather than in midfield would be a useful option. From the current squad the other options for LWB would be Law (inexperienced), Grant (a midfielder by trade), Sawyer (probably doesn't have the pace or composure on the ball to play LWB) or Byron Moore (probably more effective on the right and is a more attacking option rather than someone to help shore the defence up).

Sep 1, 2008
Penmaster":2yha1cuj said:
Does anyone feel that we are still a bit short at LWB? If we are playing well and getting results then GC at LWB is fine, but if we start shipping a few goals in or go on a bad run then having a LWB who's trade was learnt playing LB rather than in midfield would be a useful option. From the current squad the other options for LWB would be Law (inexperienced), Grant (a midfielder by trade), Sawyer (probably doesn't have the pace or composure on the ball to play LWB) or Byron Moore (probably more effective on the right and is a more attacking option rather than someone to help shore the defence up).

Reeves also started out at LB and has played there as an option, so guess he is also able to step in if needed.

Jan 2, 2006
Knibbsworth":2bjlf2t5 said:
Lowe said in his presser yesterday that Law is looking very good in training.

He also said that Sawyer, Byron Moore and Edwards could all play at LWB if required so we are well covered. This was before we signed Reeves so he is also a further option