Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up | Page 59 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
BojanTheGreat":37rtdiev said:
Knibbsworth":37rtdiev said:
Lowe said in his presser yesterday that Law is looking very good in training.

He also said that Sawyer, Byron Moore and Edwards could all play at LWB if required so we are well covered. This was before we signed Reeves so he is also a further option

Yes, and it was also interesting that Lowe talked about George Cooper playing in any of 'the 8 pockets' in his press conference yesterday (that is Lowe talked about this in the press conference, not that Cooper was playing in Lowe's pockets in the press conference...). In fact, Cooper himself talked about being happy to play anywhere except in defence (and then corrected 'defence' to 'the back 3'). This all gives me the impression that Lowe is very keen on players understanding the whole system and being generally skillful and smart enough to slot into multiple positions. He will feel he has plenty of players for the LWB position: Cooper, Law, Sawyer, Edwards, Moore, perhaps Reeves, perhaps McLeod etc...

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
The Doctor":38di2sbv said:
BojanTheGreat":38di2sbv said:
Knibbsworth":38di2sbv said:
Lowe said in his presser yesterday that Law is looking very good in training.

He also said that Sawyer, Byron Moore and Edwards could all play at LWB if required so we are well covered. This was before we signed Reeves so he is also a further option

Yes, and it was also interesting that Lowe talked about George Cooper playing in any of 'the 8 pockets' in his press conference yesterday (that is Lowe talked about this in the press conference, not that Cooper was playing in Lowe's pockets in the press conference...). In fact, Cooper himself talked about being happy to play anywhere except in defence (and then corrected 'defence' to 'the back 3'). This all gives me the impression that Lowe is very keen on players understanding the whole system and being generally skillful and smart enough to slot into multiple positions. He will feel he has plenty of players for the LWB position: Cooper, Law, Sawyer, Edwards, Moore, perhaps Reeves, perhaps McLeod etc...

Conor Grant as well.
We have plenty of option there.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
PlymOdi":nplzha3w said:
rwb worries me more at the moment.

Edwards solid there, although maybe not as progressive as Lowe likes, but gives structure and good positional sense. Moore the opposite. Personally I prefer Edwards there.

Mar 8, 2016
RWB doesnā€™t worry me at all, Byron was brilliant last season and as already mentioned edwards is solid there too. Plenty off competition for midfield, Randel likely to go out on loan? C Grant offered out on a free to anyone that would take him?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pogleswoody":2mc4mmz2 said:
You're all bigging it up on here. Not a thought for poor old Lionel Messi!! Where does that leave him now?? :sad:

Statement from Messi, poor bloke! :sad:

Lamento no haber podido llegar a un acuerdo con Argyle, en su lugar firmaron a George. Buen jugador tbh.
Asƭ que me quedarƩ.
ĀæAlguien quiere comprar un chalet en Whitsands?

Feb 8, 2005
As Argyle have recruited George Cooper, and so have now lost interest in Lionel Messi, he has now decided to remain at Barcelona for another year.

Jan 2, 2020
mil511":216qzdub said:
Curious look to see who /what he is all about and note someone has amended his wiki page already........................

Believe it is nearly a done deal. Hopefully done by Saturday. Big 6ā€™4 defender. :scarf:

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreenWasp2":1qhw7vze said:
mil511":1qhw7vze said:
Curious look to see who /what he is all about and note someone has amended his wiki page already........................

Believe it is nearly a done deal. Hopefully done by Saturday. Big 6ā€™4 defender. :scarf:

IF this is true it seems unlikely to me that weā€™d play three inexperienced players - Cooper, Watts and Opuku at the back. Obviously Watts or one of the other back three MIGHT be unavailable in the short-term.

Jan 2, 2020
The Doctor":u29k70f0 said:
GreenWasp2":u29k70f0 said:
mil511":u29k70f0 said:

IF this is true it seems unlikely to me that weā€™d play three inexperienced players - Cooper, Watts and Opuku at the back. Obviously Watts or one of the other back three MIGHT be unavailable in the short-term.

21 games last season for Accrington at this level. Heā€™s got SOME experience.

Jul 12, 2016
GreenWasp2":2ikpdrtv said:
mil511":2ikpdrtv said:

Wishful thinking or a pafc casual type comment?