Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams bans Plymouth Live

Is Adams right in banning the Herald?

• Yes

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 37 21.6%

• Total voters
I have just voted "Yes".

Of course, Derek Adams has THAT right - it is known as democracy !

Do I agree he has done the right thing ?

A pity THAT question was NOT asked as well but I believe Argyle NEED the media as much as the media need Argyle AND to be on good terms.

Fergie, in his day, had many spats with the national and local press at Old Trafford.

In hindsight, I think he regrets it NOW but still maintains he was right at the time.

Sound similar ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Aug 5, 2015
It’s all very well bleating about freedom of the press and North Korea but what redress has the club against the nonsense perpetuated by Plymouth Live? Answer, absolutely none without going to court. Who’s going to publish “ The last story from Plymouth Live was totally inaccurate and made up to stir dissent amongst the fan base “. Nobody

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Adams just can’t take criticism, the Herald only do what newspapers do to get a reaction, I get the Herald every day and get withdrawal symptoms if I don’t get my daily copy, do I take any notice of it do I hell particularly when it comes to Argyle.

What newspapers don’t go over the top take a look at 2 of the best selling national tabloids the Sun and the Mail who believes what tripe they print.

Best just get on with it.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I voted yes that DA has the right to not speak to the Herald if he chooses to. Some of the stories are inaccurate and seem to only look at the negatives when there are also other points of view.

But I hope that Chris Errington and Jak Ball remain as journalists on all things Argyle. Stuart James can do one.

Mar 14, 2009
Does the herald write some sensationalist headlines to grab attention? Yes.

Do they sometimes let themselves down my the quality and content of the articles? In my opinion, yes.

If Adams is banning the Herald for some absolute rubbish which has been printed then l feel it’s only right people should highlight some of the absolute rubbish he comes out with, ironically in those press conferences, after matches where we have usually been comprehensively defeated.

Last weekend he brought on a central defender, for a midfielder. If that isn’t a defensive substitution l don’t know what is.

Does Derek Adams take criticism well? No. Unfortunately his ego gets hurt which is why he ends up having argument after argument with opposition managers.

You may not like or use the Hearld yourself and l suppose people can rejoice in the press conference ban. However, what’s the next step to something Adams doesn’t like?

I can’t wait for next season when people are sat behind in that new stand. There is more altercations ahead for sure.

Aug 5, 2016
The Herald are still at liberty to criticise him ffs. DA hasn't shut the paper down. He simply won't have them at his pre match press conferences. It is symbolic, their mean sprited attack pieces no longer get them that audience with him. They attack him and the club without balance like outsiders, so shall be treated like so. They are still perfectly at liberty to criticise him putting on a defender to defend crosses exactly like the one that lead to the equaliser, instead of scoring five more goals like they would have done. That is their prerorgative. Very little has actually changed, the club is merely letting the Herald know its behaviour is winning them no favours at the club.

Mar 14, 2009
This is a local paper.

Imagine if he gets a bigger job and national newspapers report on him.

If he can’t handle this off a local paper god help him if he ever manages a “big club” where the spotlight is really on him.

Imagine “plastic” or “armchair” fans on Twitter for bigger clubs than Argyle and their responses to him and how that would be reported.

This is nothing, compared to the type of comments he would get managing a Premier League or Championship side.

I’m sorry but this is the way society is. I’m not saying l like it, but if your reaction is to be confrontational to criticism then you ain’t gonna survive at higher levels.

Oct 31, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":xjurbo8o said:
Does the herald write some sensationalist headlines to grab attention? Yes.

Do they sometimes let themselves down my the quality and content of the articles? In my opinion, yes.

If Adams is banning the Herald for some absolute rubbish which has been printed then l feel it’s only right people should highlight some of the absolute rubbish he comes out with, ironically in those press conferences, after matches where we have usually been comprehensively defeated.

Last weekend he brought on a central defender, for a midfielder. If that isn’t a defensive substitution l don’t know what is.

Does Derek Adams take criticism well? No. Unfortunately his ego gets hurt which is why he ends up having argument after argument with opposition managers.

You may not like or use the Hearld yourself and l suppose people can rejoice in the press conference ban. However, what’s the next step to something Adams doesn’t like?

I can’t wait for next season when people are sat behind in that new stand. There is more altercations ahead for sure.

Well said mgm

Aug 5, 2016
It isn't just honest criticism though is it? The articles and their content are total garbage. They substantiate attack pieces by finding the most extreme tweets they can find. It isn't honest balanced journalism. There is a difference between having your choice of subs questioned in a summary by Errington and the other 80% of nasty minded hyperbole that gets published by the Herald. As someone else has said, presumably there has been discussions and this is merely the last resort because the Herald has chosen its course and that is to aggravate and antagonise the club rafher than to promote it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
In a broader point, the use of social media to both source and support stories is an absolute travesty.

Unbelievably, the BBC News site is one of the worst for it.

Oct 16, 2016
Plymouth Live regurgitates rubbish if you are of the opinion it is indeed ‘rubbish’.

I don’t read the Herald because there’s little are no news in it, it’s predominantly advertising and public announcements.

I followed some of the leads and stories that are promulgated in this thread and they seem reasoned and certainly apt at time of printing

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Personally I’ve never thought it wise for managers to have anything but a respectful relationship with the local press. But the press is now something different. Click bait awfulness. All that fan comment after games boils my head. It is inane, unnecessary, and if I want to see that rubbish I’d look on Twitter. It’s not news. It’s not considered and balanced. It’s lazy junk. And who really gives a toss about Nardiello! Players come and some don’t work out. Big deal, That was just antagonistic in my book. Who was really asking what happened to him other than a pot stirring juvenile journo?

So if the Herald behaves then maybe they will get a hearing.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Kentishgreen":3cvxxfx6 said:
I don’t see why the club has to accept ridiculously inaccurate “stories” made up by a bunch of trolls just to sell their product which may destabilise the club itself. What’s more important, Plymouth Argyle or The Herald/Plymouth Live? To my mind it ceased to become a serious paper when it dropped the Evening and got delivered at 2 in the afternoon. Now it’s just like all the other free papers that come through your letterbox or you can pick up anywhere.

Really.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes really. You make up a story about the manager, the fans turn against him and he gets sacked. Don’t you think that might just destabilise the club?