Players worth a look at (the 'how about ..' thread) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players worth a look at (the 'how about ..' thread)

May 29, 2011
Bristol
I usually like to look beyond ex players but Klaidi Lolos looks to be steadily improving since leaving Argyle. Scored a great goal the other week for Crawley, albeit League 2. He looked strong and good on the ball.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I usually like to look beyond ex players but Klaidi Lolos looks to be steadily improving since leaving Argyle. Scored a great goal the other week for Crawley, albeit League 2. He looked strong and good on the ball.
Great to see him doing well.

Reactions: xmastree
May 19, 2023
Wonder what our transfer budget will be? we spent 2 million at least last summer.
We now have:
tv rev - 7 mill
Potential transfer out 10 mill +
ticket sales maxed out ++

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Feb 8, 2005
Reactions: EastoftheTamar
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
What about Paddy Madden, he is leaving Stockport. He’s got a good record, I know it’s in the lower leagues but surely worth a punt. He will go against our model what with being 34
34 and never played at the level. Pass. He’ll be off to Bradford or another monied league 2/conference side to top up the pension and more power to him for that.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
For all the people obsessed with Pan, you seem to have missed be spent the season on loan at Charlton and only played 12 times.

An awesome player when he had him but we got lucky with his production and cashed in at the right time.

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
For all the people obsessed with Pan, you seem to have missed be spent the season on loan at Charlton and only played 12 times.

An awesome player when he had him but we got lucky with his production and cashed in at the right time.

Pan's quality as a player is unquestionable in my opinion. But his injury record for a 2/3 years now is very bad and the question would be is he robust enough to make an impact like he used to do.

I expect him to be released by Ipswich even though they have an option to extend his contract for 12 more months.

I wouldn't be against a pre-season trial and a short term contract if he did well.

Jun 27, 2019
Pan's quality as a player is unquestionable in my opinion. But his injury record for a 2/3 years now is very bad and the question would be is he robust enough to make an impact like he used to do.

I expect him to be released by Ipswich even though they have an option to extend his contract for 12 more months.

I wouldn't be against a pre-season trial and a short term contract if he did well.

As good as Pan was at dominating midfield, his finishing and final ball were utterly dreadful and nowhere near the standard required to make him a successful box-to-box midfielder in the Championship. He'd perhaps do a job as a ball-winning DM but I don't think he has the positional discipline for that role.

Reactions: TimHarris
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’m watching Peterborough v Oxford and have been very impressed by Hector Kyprianou in midfield for Peterborough. Great engine on him, good on the ball and protecting the back four well. 22 years old. Would be a good profile for us to be looking at with Forshaw and Houghton both towards the older end of the spectrum in that position.

Reactions: Drake