Players worth a look at (the 'how about ..' thread) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Players worth a look at (the 'how about ..' thread)

Oct 10, 2018
Brannagan ( MF) and C Brown at Oxford ( CB)

Middlesborough- revisit enquiry to take Colburn in on season loan.

Readings - Femi A ( Winger).

Jodi Jones ( winger - Notts county assist machine)

Mar 23, 2008
I've always rated Tom Eaves, always been a nuisance against us and we have missed a target man option. Two goals yesterday, Hugill is another good Championship target man.
Some will say their goalscoring record isn't good enough but as we saw, they are playing in a very poor team that doesn't attack and we've seen how Hardie's record has dropped as we got more defensive.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
I've always rated Tom Eaves, always been a nuisance against us and we have missed a target man option. Two goals yesterday, Hugill is another good Championship target man.
Some will say their goalscoring record isn't good enough but as we saw, they are playing in a very poor team that doesn't attack and we've seen how Hardie's record has dropped as we got more defensive.
Shame he’s 104 years old I just don’t see the board sanctioning a move for someone over the age of 28 unless it’s on a free

May 6, 2011
Adam Phillips - Barnsley
Lewis Wing - Reading
Bojan Miovski - Aberdeen
Simon Murray - Ross County
Rob Apter - Blackpool/Tranmere

May 18, 2011
Few players from league one who could be interesting, Lincoln have a couple that impressed me when the best us at the tail end of the championship season, Daniel Mândroiu, Ethan Erhahon, might be worth a punt

Nov 22, 2018
We should certainly be looking at some out of contract players, this is where we need to strike whilst the iron is hot!

That being said, if Reading are desperate then Sam Smith should be targeted.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Miovski would be a sensational signing but almost certainly will have bigger options than us. Murray is 32 and the epitome of Scottish journeyman striker - no chance he's good enough for the Championship. I've been banging on about Lyall Cameron from Dundee for at least a year - he would be perfect to fill the Azaz-shaped hole.

Jan 27, 2006
I’m a big fan of Myles Peart-Harris and he would fill an area of need. I also like Lasse Sorenson. Both players are able to cover several positions which would only help stretch our budget.

Cam Bran is a tidy player and would be an upgrade on Adam Randell but we need more physicality in midfield so I’d give him a miss. I also don‘t see upgrading on Randell as a priority. Jacob Murphy though is far too good for League 1.

Agree on Miyoshi but the player I’d like from Brum would be Keshi Anderson. James Jordan would be nice but he’s going to cost someone several multiple millions. I could see us signing Scott Hogan though - and I think he’s out of contract.

If we were to raid Huddersfield then Michal Helik would be high on my list as he was as good a CB as I’ve seen this season. Plus you’d question whether they can keep hold of Radulovic.

Sep 6, 2006
I was going to suggest Eaves. Nothing special, wouldn't break the bank but exactly type of player we are missing up front with his physicality.