Peterborough fans not happy | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peterborough fans not happy

May 8, 2011
Peterborough was designated a new town in the 60’s and since then it’s population has trebled from about 70k to 200k today.
As with all new towns, Crawley, Stevenage and Milton Keynes do the new residents have loyalty to their new home town or the team they grew up supporting and how many generations does this last for.
Peterborough is less than an hour from London and the line passes Finsbury Park so just like Stevenage very convenient for Arsenal fans.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Looking at their forum, I thought most of their post-match comments were reasonable. And the being sunk by Devonport comment was both humble and witty. They were realising it is not going to be as easy as they hoped.

I always felt the most deluded lot of fans I saw last year were Ipswich, the forums and social media I looked at seemed to suggest they never deservedly lost a game. Always, some one else’s fault.
Empty vessels make the most noise.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I recall several years back reading the Peterborough FAQ on the 'net. It contains one very memorable statement: "95% of Man U fans have never been to Old Trafford, 95% of Peterborough fans have never been out of Peterborough"

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
How many Posh were there on Wednesday?
Were there any strikes on this weekend?
A bit out of the loop over here in Thailand 😁
220 which matches pretty well with the numbers of us that went to London Road last year at the same stage of the competition which If I remember correctly was about 260. My grandsons first Argyle game. Unfortunately he thinks they should play like that every week now.

Reactions: leeroy221
Aug 17, 2005
It’s a city of 180,000 with a ground of over 15,000 and they’ve come down from the Championship. It’s not Forest Green we’re talking about.

307 away fans really is lamentable, especially when as their forum suggests, they think they are going to steamroller most teams and win promotion.
About the same attendance they had at home in 1975

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Well, they even turned on their best (loan) player, bit harsh!

"It was awful. Wrong footed or not, the ball was going so slowly he had time to stand up, have a cup of tea, write a quick note to McCann to let him know the formation was not working (and post it) and still get up, saunter across to the ball and pick it up, rather than going down in more instalments than the average mortgage ...but I actually have acknowledged his other great save and previous performances.

Although I do accept the possibility of my subconcious racism against Swedes and all their bloody saunas and meatballs. Don't even get me started on ferking ABBA"

:oops:

Aug 17, 2005
Cant even

"It was awful. Wrong footed or not, the ball was going so slowly he had time to stand up, have a cup of tea, write a quick note to McCann to let him know the formation was not working (and post it) and still get up, saunter across to the ball and pick it up, rather than going down in more instalments than the average mortgage ...but I actually have acknowledged his other great save and previous performances.

Although I do accept the possibility of my subconcious racism against Swedes and all their bloody saunas and meatballs. Don't even get me started on ferking ABBA"

Can't even get the nationality correct

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Out of interest, do those slagging off Peterborough’s away following also think we had poor numbers at Fleetwood last week? We had about 5% of our home attendance travel there. Peterborough had about 5% of their attendance v Morecambe travel to us. Plymouth to Fleetwood is 60 miles further but I’d assume we’ve got more exiles in the NW than Peterborough have in the SW.

I’ve never understood why people care so much about what the opposition bring down here. I love a packed away end as HP responds to it, but Peterborough will never get close to selling it all.

We never like it when bigger clubs talk down on Argyle but we’re very quick to do it smaller clubs than us…

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON

The winner takes it all!!
....and it's all about "Money, Money, Money"

• Haha
Reactions: Jannerz

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’ve never understood why people care so much about what the opposition bring down here. I love a packed away end as HP responds to it, but Peterborough will never get close to selling it all.

We never like it when bigger clubs talk down on Argyle but we’re very quick to do it smaller clubs than us…

I think you've just 'slagged off' PUFC fans far more than we have. :ROFLMAO:

At least we meant to do it.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I think you've just 'slagged off' PUFC fans far more than we have. :ROFLMAO:

At least we meant to do it.

Cant really argue with that can I 😂.

Nothing but respect to those that travelled yesterday. Coaches and minibuses in that heat can’t have been much fun.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
And we will have to get used to all this when we get to the championship!
All of a sudden Argyle aren't that big anymore with only 14000 at Home Park compared to 30000 elsewhere etc.
Same will be said about away following when dwarfed by bigger clubs taking bigger followings away from home.
You've only got to look what Wednesday did with what 6500 away fans?
I think we should just enjoy winning regardless who it is, away fans whether it's 200 or 2000 should be applauded for travelling down here, after all we are cut off from civilisation and an outpost aren't we?
Well we are when it suits us anyway.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
We have more exiles around the country than most clubs. So it stands to reason we have inflated away support.

This is due to many factors, military service, poor wages down here compared to most, social factors etc etc