pafc number plates | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

pafc number plates

Sep 28, 2011
Pete H":3cqq8ahc said:
Much cheaper to change your name by deed poll!!
WG08BHL
true enough but it would be somewhat counter productive.

You'd have a silly name and nobody else in the world would have the name WG08BHL which would make your plate worth about £80-the transfer fee :)

May 1, 2011
There wad a bloke a while back who bought a car with the plate. S1ngh. Sold it 2 an asuan businessman 4 100k plus

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
bizzay1":2h9kvzqq said:
plymptonpilgreen":2h9kvzqq said:
Balls!
Your right,they are illegal :(

I ran my car around for about 3 years and never got pulled though, the feds have to be in a pretty picky mood to pull you for a badge, as long as the numbers are legal font and size

Ah, but the other problem that I had was when I went to renew my MOT. The garage picked on my crest and would not renew. I was advised the only crest I could carry on the plate was that of the European Community i.e. the circle in blue.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
plymptonpilgreen":4q98qd7u said:
Cornish Chris":4q98qd7u said:
I wonder whether CHR 1S will ever be available? One day!
You can bet someone's got it.
That ones gotta be worth over a million easy. The same could be said for DAV 1D, SAR 4H, J4 MES, M1 KES, PHI 1L....etc-the list could go on.
All standard prefixs that spell a name without quessing.
Stupid money:)
Gee,this is a nice change from the latest tribulations on here,if your as sad as me. :)

I can tell you that CH 1 is on the Mayor's car in Derby. I know this as my initials are those and I sought it as a cherished no. I think the closest you are likely to enjoy it, is to move to Derby, get a seat on Derby City Council and get elected as Mayor.

Sep 28, 2011
Quintrell_Green":2je8t4x6 said:
plymptonpilgreen":2je8t4x6 said:
Cornish Chris":2je8t4x6 said:
I wonder whether CHR 1S will ever be available? One day!
You can bet someone's got it.
That ones gotta be worth over a million easy. The same could be said for DAV 1D, SAR 4H, J4 MES, M1 KES, PHI 1L....etc-the list could go on.
All standard prefixs that spell a name without quessing.
Stupid money:)
Gee,this is a nice change from the latest tribulations on here,if your as sad as me. :)

I can tell you that CH 1 is on the Mayor's car in Derby. I know this as my initials are those and I sought it as a cherished no. I think the closest you are likely to enjoy it, is to move to Derby, get a seat on Derby City Council and get elected as Mayor.
Sounds about right.
If my knowledge serves me correct and I'm too young to remember but I think back in the day when each city used to issue their own marks before it was centralised to the newly formed dvla,
Each council would hold certain marks for the priveliged of the town I.e mayors and the like. Hence why ch1 belongs to the mayor. It actually belongs the council itself as an asset.Plymouth city council own a few also from their days of issuing their own marks, one of them being HJY 1 I think.
Later on when the dvla was formed, and before the government granted the dvla rights to sell on and transfer reg marks they did hold back all prefixes from 1982.
These prefixes were from 1 to 20.
So an A reg (1982) plate say A1 AAA TO A20 AAA was not issued.
The same went for B1 to B20, C1,D1 and so on. This finished by the time H reg came out (1990 ish)
The government started selling these and the H1 reg is the one that will generate the most interest thus reaching the highest bidding price.

I'm surprised the mods haven't booted me yet for talking about this on the argyle forum. :)
I also spot trains :) lol

B

bizzay1

Quintrell_Green":3ux2j92l said:
bizzay1":3ux2j92l said:
plymptonpilgreen":3ux2j92l said:
Balls!
Your right,they are illegal :(

I ran my car around for about 3 years and never got pulled though, the feds have to be in a pretty picky mood to pull you for a badge, as long as the numbers are legal font and size

Ah, but the other problem that I had was when I went to renew my MOT. The garage picked on my crest and would not renew. I was advised the only crest I could carry on the plate was that of the European Community i.e. the circle in blue.

luckily I had no problem with this, in fact the headlight bulbs I have in my car now are illegal and just passed an mot with them in

P

pafcstafford

meetoo":136xuub0 said:
pafcstafford":136xuub0 said:
I know someone with P4FC
No you don't - it doesn't exist....

erm ok thanks i must just imagine that family member. You must be right you sound as if you know everything, oh hang on..... Your wrong! :)

Jul 29, 2010
Cornish Chris":3ern2map said:
pafcstafford":3ern2map said:
meetoo":3ern2map said:
pafcstafford":3ern2map said:
I know someone with P4FC
No you don't - it doesn't exist....

erm ok thanks i must just imagine that family member. You must be right you sound as if you know everything, oh hang on..... Your wrong! :)

Let's see a picture then! :whistle:

You could have P4FCD, P4FCB etc. But not P4FC. Proof required please :?
BTW it would be you're wrong or you are wrong not your wrong. It's the detail that counts ;)