Oxford v Argyle Match Thread | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford v Argyle Match Thread

Feb 2, 2007
Tugboat":2pbgp4wz said:
nick_PASTIE":2pbgp4wz said:
Greenarmyman2016":2pbgp4wz said:
I'be been through the same thing as Edwards and it took me a good 12 months to get anyway near the energy levels I had before. Whilst he is a professional sportsman, I still think he has come back too early

Hence why Edwards is NOT a clown. Derek is.

Tugboat should apologise for poor analysis beyond anything else. Unforgivable.

Why?

Because I called a player a clown??

Are you for real??

Does Edwards pick the team?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Biggs":1cwtdqe8 said:
The very fact that they have players like Nelson and Mackie on their books, tells you how far ahead of us they must be budget wise.

We’re still playing crap, mind.

Oh and Tugs, stop bleddy digging for Christ sake.

Is Mackie actually that good though doesn't he have a very poor scoring record? I'm sure we have better players on our team.

May 1, 2011
oldage":4mahhoqk said:
Give Edwards a break. He is not the only one underperforming and it's amazing to see him playing again albeit he is struggling.

Sentiment is something we cannot afford I'm afraid.

Feb 2, 2007
r4h4al":1wnc07el said:
Biggs":1wnc07el said:
The very fact that they have players like Nelson and Mackie on their books, tells you how far ahead of us they must be budget wise.

Is Mackie actually that good though doesn't he have a very poor scoring record? I'm sure we have better players on our team.

He's played for Scotland, in the Premiership and most of the years since leaving Exeter in the Championship. Yes, he's aged, had injuries but he should be able to do a job. He's never been an "out and out" goalscorer, more of a link player but I would have him in the team ahead of Freddie Barndooro

Apr 12, 2016
Tugboat":1jxe71sx said:
Biggs":1jxe71sx said:

It’s called standing up for myself. I’ll do it all night because I’ve done nothing wrong.
And if you genuinely believe that than I feel sorry for you. You've taken offence at people criticizing you but feel happy to call someone in recovery from a serious illness a clown and feel you have the right to. Beggars belief

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
nick_PASTIE":a5zqa2de said:
r4h4al":a5zqa2de said:
Biggs":a5zqa2de said:

He's played for Scotland, in the Premiership and most of the years since leaving Exeter in the Championship. Yes, he's aged, had injuries but he should be able to do a job. He's never been an "out and out" goalscorer, more of a link player but I would have him in the team ahead of Freddie Barndooro

True.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I've got the utmost respect for Edwards in getting back to playing, but that doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Since I Was 33":261858rh said:
Tugboat":261858rh said:
Biggs":261858rh said:

It’s called standing up for myself. I’ll do it all night because I’ve done nothing wrong.
And if you genuinely believe that than I feel sorry for you. You've taken offence at people criticizing you but feel happy to call someone in recovery from a serious illness a clown and feel you have the right to. Beggars belief

No, you’ve just said that.

I called him a clown based on his errors in his defensive duties as a footballer. Some people have taken that ‘clown’ remark the same way as you have.

If I had called Macey a clown for his kicking would this have happened?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I can’t believe anyone has to explain this, but calling someone a clown is a slight on the person themselves and their character, which is why it’s such a 5hit thing to say despite being understandably peed off.

You didn’t say he had a nightmare or that he shouldn’t be playing, you called him a clown.

Anyway, moving on...

Feb 2, 2007
Cobi Budge":2n24h4fv said:
I've got the utmost respect for Edwards in getting back to playing, but that doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism.

He'd be the first to say that too, he's a top bloke.

The man who picks the team is where young boaty should be aiming his ire.