Oxford v Argyle Match Thread | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford v Argyle Match Thread

Feb 2, 2007
warney":3bu69lg2 said:
Terrible! Not a single positive from that.

Songo'o's red means he might have to change the shape and be more positive next week.

I know...I'm a deluded fool full of crap. I'll say it before Tuggers or Biggs does.

Feb 2, 2007
Frank_Butcher":gfocc1on said:
Tugboat":gfocc1on said:
mde203":gfocc1on said:
I've never seen us give up so often as we have this season. Shameful. These players deserve a lot of criticism as well as the management.

The players aren’t playing for the manager

So who's to blame? In your workplace, is it acceptable for employees not to do their job because they don't agree with the direction being presented?

Adams has made mistakes - for me the root of it lies during the Summer with the acquisition strategy and a very weak pre-season. But the players have to assume a great deal of responsibility as well.

Thanks Frank, good summary. How's Pat and the car lot btw?

Sadly today’s stat’s say it all. Shots on target - Oxford 20, Argyle 5. Fouls - Oxford 12, Argyle 16 including one red card, all of this against a team one place above us. In over 50 years of being an Argyle supporter I can’t remember it being as bad as this. As a matter of principle I am not a hire them, fire them person, but I now think it is time for Adams to go, he has had his day.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
So where are the few from Tuesday's debacle that suggested Adams played the side he did so the players were raring to go today? Some turn up that was. I wasn't there today but from most accounts it was poor. This season is turning into an absolute mare.

Mar 5, 2012
samjones":2vs1xv5d said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2vs1xv5d said:
At any other club he will be gone tonight but we are probably just happy to accept mediocrity.

Thanks for getting us out of League 2 (although we could just end up back where we started under him) but please just leave Adams.

MEDIOCRITY ???? I would live with that because what we have is complete and utter Sh1te.

2 - 0 hardly flatters Oxford it could easily be 4.

What does DA say at Half Times ?

#RELEGATIONISNAILEDON

Oh, there he is, right on cue.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Only positive I see: Wimbledon and Rovers lost so whatever happens with the manager we've not fallen further behind.

Also, we're still 1 point better than last season so there's progress (except this season I can't see any way out of this mess!)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
nick_PASTIE":2a3ma2c9 said:
Frank_Butcher":2a3ma2c9 said:
Tugboat":2a3ma2c9 said:
mde203":2a3ma2c9 said:
I've never seen us give up so often as we have this season. Shameful. These players deserve a lot of criticism as well as the management.

So who's to blame? In your workplace, is it acceptable for employees not to do their job because they don't agree with the direction being presented?

Adams has made mistakes - for me the root of it lies during the Summer with the acquisition strategy and a very weak pre-season. But the players have to assume a great deal of responsibility as well.

Doing a roaring business up here in the clouds ;)

Jul 24, 2009
Pettgreen":2fkpi32g said:
Whoever comes in won't turn this slow cumbersome midfield and defence around. Ladapo is not the answer up front. Neither is Fletcher before anyone says it.
We so achingly lack any pace.
Macey doesn't inspire either i'm afraid. Never seen such a lanky lad fumble so much.
Only 2 players come out of todays performance with any credit imo. Moore and Grant.
Agree with this, there is so much wrong. I hope Ryan Taylor is back soon - Ladapo is simply not the answer - decent back up but not your number one. I'm sorry I think Macey is not that great, and the defence is a horror show.

Very down

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
nick_PASTIE":1hck2oc3 said:
Frank_Butcher":1hck2oc3 said:
Tugboat":1hck2oc3 said:
mde203":1hck2oc3 said:

Maybe the players do not have the skill, the education nor the intelligence to play the Adams wants. All down to acquisition too

Nov 2, 2004
It is hard to believe how awful macey,Carey, brown, Edwards, O'Keefe and fox were.How will we get out of this mess.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Monster Green":1xvpilef said:
nick_PASTIE":1xvpilef said:
Frank_Butcher":1xvpilef said:
Tugboat":1xvpilef said:
mde203":1xvpilef said:

Maybe the players do not have the skill, the education or the intelligence to play the Adams wants. All down to acquisition too

All very true, but there were numerous comments on here of players not tracking back etc. That is a different argument entirely.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
warney":29qmaoz7 said:
Terrible! Not a single positive from that.

Completely agree on that.

Unfortunately we look like a mid table League 2 side.

What was worrying the most was how poor we were at stringing together more than 2 passes. Far too many of the team simply do not have enough quality. Who scouted these guys?

We will hopefully have a chance of staying up when Ness, Sarc, Taylor, Sawyer all play together.

However at the moment we are in the right position as worst team in the league.