Oxford v Argyle Match Thread | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford v Argyle Match Thread

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":3eghixaj said:
Biggs":3eghixaj said:
Since I Was 33":3eghixaj said:
I'm not going to call for Adams to go (yet) but I do think the club need to come out next week and state what the plan is because it is plainly acceptable to carry on like this

The thing that really worries me is the lack of stability and direction off the pitch.

We’ve lost Martyn Starnes, effectively losing James Brent, there must be a reason David Felwick hasn’t taken up the chairmanship, and I have zero faith in Michael Dunford given his recent history.

Plus the grandstand upheaval and it feels like we’re in a tailspin that would be made even worse with Adams leaving, despite the bloodlust it would satisfy.

The pro Adams brigade in their death throes.

I’d rather be in the pro Adams brigade than a pro Stan Ternent one.

Feb 2, 2007
Since I Was 33":1tuda44y said:
Biggs":1tuda44y said:
nick_PASTIE":1tuda44y said:
Biggs":1tuda44y said:
nick_PASTIE":1tuda44y said:
plymouth1970":1tuda44y said:
I’ll say it again , Adams wants to be sacked, and Carey is helping him.

Think he hates our club, I agree.

You idiots.

I love an educated debate.

So you think there’s a debate to be had, about whether Adams hates the club and wants to be sacked?

You may as well have just requested an educated debate on whether he’s an alien or Soviet secret agent.

He’s underperforming and making mistakes, he’s not doing it on purpose.
Would be worth some people watching the matchday moments from the Wimbledon game to see how the players including Carey reacted after the goal. Nobody is doing this deliberately

How else do you explain his anti-Plymouth comments? His poor signings? His terrible tactics? etc

If he is actually trying than he is the idiot!

B

Bonehead

Biggs":13ds83nz said:
nick_PASTIE":13ds83nz said:
Biggs":13ds83nz said:
nick_PASTIE":13ds83nz said:
plymouth1970":13ds83nz said:
I’ll say it again , Adams wants to be sacked, and Carey is helping him.

Think he hates our club, I agree.

You idiots.

I love an educated debate.

So you think there’s a debate to be had, about whether Adams hates the club and wants to be sacked?

You may as well have just requested an educated debate on whether he’s an alien or Soviet secret agent.

He’s underperforming and making mistakes, he’s not doing it on purpose.

This is chat forum , it’s an opinion, calling me a clown is deeply offensive and I’m reporting to you to the Herald .

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Horrendous.

Peter Grant maybe the only person to have had even a reasonable game. I feel for the fans who went.

I don’t think that we wanted it enough.

May 22, 2006
Well I've had periods of dry-heaving that were more fun than that. Oxford should be ashamed that they only won 2-0.

Holy cow we're bad.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Whoever comes in won't turn this slow cumbersome midfield and defence around. Ladapo is not the answer up front. Neither is Fletcher before anyone says it.
We so achingly lack any pace.
Macey doesn't inspire either i'm afraid. Never seen such a lanky lad fumble so much.
Only 2 players come out of todays performance with any credit imo. Moore and Grant.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Tugboat":395zy4z2 said:
mde203":395zy4z2 said:
I've never seen us give up so often as we have this season. Shameful. These players deserve a lot of criticism as well as the management.

The players aren’t playing for the manager

So who's to blame? In your workplace, is it acceptable for employees not to do their job because they don't agree with the direction being presented?

Adams has made mistakes - for me the root of it lies during the Summer with the acquisition strategy and a very weak pre-season. But the players have to assume a great deal of responsibility as well.

Dec 18, 2008
Pedestrian.

I'm not sure any of the players in green on the pitch, have learnt from their Mothers how to tie their boots. How else can you explain their inability to move, let alone run.

As a punishment, I'd make everyone of them do sprints across this pitch for 30minutes in post match cool down. Shocking!