Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield)

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Plays for England U21's. Lad's got real potential and he always plays an absolute blinder against us. Looks sensational whenever he plays us.
And that is a notable issue...now some of this is likely 3rd hand loose truth but in the close season when all sorts of names were being thrown around for signings his name kept coming up. For well documented reasons that was never going to happen but a few folk commented that the Greeks fans were not overly bothered about him not returning because he only turned it on against us. So the fact he can be so good shows he has the talent, the fact it needs the burning dislike of 1 team to show it shows he may not have the temperament.

The trouble with all this is that the story becomes the 'other' stuff and not the performance. He is still young so can learn(and he has a manager with 1st hand experience)...but at the moment he strikes me as a young lad trying to pick a fight to prove a point...life is to short(he will know that more than most). He can go far in the game...but not if the drama consumes him.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
It’s sometimes said you’ll never understand the magnitude of a personal situation unless you’re in it. That would go a long way to explain some of the attitudes and comments on this thread. The title suggests he’s a ‘prat’ because he lost his Dad at a tender age, likely witnessing his decline, and is still angry about that now. At the age of just 21 he’s supposed to have overcome all of that - difficult if not impossible at the best of times, let alone being baited by some in a mostly hostile crowd of thousands. I‘ll say again he shouldn't have done it, but I’d also lay a lot of blame at the feet of the Birmingham staff - you can’t tell me many of them didn’t know he had adorned that shirt in the dressing room.

Anyway, I guess the summary is that if you don’t understand the situation, think yourself fortunate.

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
13 pages :oops::LOL:

happy xmas mr stansfield. personally I prefer your older sister lisa.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why was my post deleted? It wasn’t any less relevant or worse than any of the other posts so why was it deleted?

I didn't delete it, but I have seen what you have written.

It was removed because you posted stuff that was heresay, which is a very dodgy thing to do.

Laws of libel could easily kick on that one, and we didn't want you to fall foul of the law.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Ipswich and Sunderland are looking at signing him

Reactions: Mr Gillingham
Aug 22, 2006
I have genuinely never heard any Argyle fan sing a song about Adam Stansfield, I’m not denying that it happens/has happened, but any such song has clearly only been sung by a tiny, tiny minority of people.
About 7 months after Adam Stansfield's passing I was at Dagenham and Redbridge away, a match we won 0-1 thanks to a goal from the infamous Rory Patterson. Even though it was a rare win those were dark days in terms of the football on the pitch. Even darker days in terms of the atmosphere. At half time in the massive bar saved for away fans, I remember at least 5 Argyle fans singing nasty songs about Stansfield. I was furious and actually embarrassed. What did I do? Naff all. I was, in all honesty afraid to approach them, all 5 of them being at least half a foot taller (not difficult to be honest.) But they also seemed to be terrible drunks and in no way could handle their 'stimulants.' Dreadfully inept people. If they had the absolute nerve and audacity to sing about a dead person then i'm fairly sure they wouldn't have listened to me. Those sorts of people belong in the bin i'm afraid... couldn't care if they were Argyle fans.

Sorry to say Cobi but it wasn't an uncommon thing back then. I can't really imagine an Everton player for example being treated the same way by Liverpool fans, even an Arsenal player by Tottenham fans.

I don't doubt that Jay is probably a bit of a wild character. His actions weren't exactly clever, or acceptable. He could have made his point in a far more clever way, but in the grand scheme of things he probably has a lot of anger towards those who have bizarrely treated his dad's legacy appallingly, even if we are rivals. Who cares FFS. Blame those fans, and not the son.

Oct 12, 2021
I like Stansfield as a very good player, but he was premeditated for the game, had his shirt on before, there was no singing about him at all at the game, if someone with villa connections celebrates like that at Birmingham there would be chaos, ie Azaz or Kane

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I think Stansfield is better off seeking professional help, and that’s not a joke.

This isn’t the way to cope with your father’s death.

Many football players have had to deal with some awful taunts from the stands, and shouldn’t have to, but the answer isn’t to randomly assign blame to people that support the same team.

Of course maybe this has nothing to do with his father, and he just grew up to genuinely hate Argyle fans, and will do anything and everything to rile them up at the risk of putting others in danger.

Either way, I hope he gets help.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Ipswich apparently in talks with Fulham, we might have to watch him score against us at Home Park again.
Ipswich appear to be partial to a bit of 'loan player nicking' in the January transfer window. Wasn't it rumoured that (along with Glasgow Rangers) they wanted to sign Morgan this time last year when Swansea pulled him back off his loan with us?

Jan 27, 2006
Once a League One player, always a League One player :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though if we do come up against him every season then I'd be ok with that because that probably means we're doing pretty well. He can have his goals against us if that means we're in the top two divisions.