Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Once a Prat, Always a Prat (Stansfield)

Jul 11, 2011
I'm still not sure you get it. On one hand you say you understand it's not equivalent, but then on the other you claim that wearing a t-shirt saying you support a rival club and over-celebrating a goal is exactly the same as mocking the most traumatic event in someone's life and then pelting them with missiles. Sure, what he did is immature, probably ill advised, and I would hope he'll learn from it. But it doesn't justify the reaction of some of the fans, which is the whole point. It's not like he kung-fu kicked anyone (and to be fair Cantona is forever a hero for dropping that muppet).

In the end isn't the cause a cancer foundation? I'm not sure what you want him to do? Background checks for any bank account donating to make sure they don't support or represent certain football clubs he dosn't like?

I don't know what we're complaining about either way.

The truth is football NEEDS incidents like that. It makes the game awesome. Players aren't the media trained robots people seem to expect now, they're real people with real emotions and real feelings and real lives and histories, and every one of them has their own cross to bear. That's what we as fans connect to for good or for bad. I love it when home park is a bear pit. It made all the difference against Rotherham, made all the difference yesterday.

But there are lines you don't cross and whether a fan or a player. Where rivalries become spiteful and bitter and personal, and where anger becomes assault. Plus.. well.. if you look at Stansfield's record against us I'm not sure the fans winding him up about his dead dad has helped us at all!
This

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Fair play to him I say. Got himself booked which led to him being taken off later in the game, which helped us massively. We’d have probably lost if it wasn’t for his celebration. So thanks jay 👍

Reactions: meetoo and Jenko14

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
It wasn't only Stansfield though....James and other Birmingham players were giving it large to the Argyle fans with raised fists and so on...take a closer look guys....those actions need to be looked at by the EFL and FA...

Reactions: justanotherfan

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
It wasn't only Stansfield though....James and other Birmingham players were giving it large to the Argyle fans with raised fists and so on...take a closer look guys....those actions need to be looked at by the EFL and FA...
The result - it brought the Green Army into the match even more.

Reactions: meetoo

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
An exeter fan on exe web called Grecian in guz, is saying that argyle fans were singing a song about Adam Stansfield at yesterdays match. well I never heard anything
I sit at the top of block 11 and I surely didn`t hear anything but boos when he was on the ball, no chants about his late father.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Im in block 8 and didn't hear anything but boos, sad that city supporters are commenting on our game but don't suppose they have much to talk about on theirs these days :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: justanotherfan

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Good those janner b####ds need to realise,if you sing songs about his dad,he will be fired up,so listen and learn janners !

One of many such posts on Exeweb, I am surprised that they either don`t know or choose to forget that Adam Stansfield was a Janner. The knuckledraggers who have previously made vile chants reference his passing will no doubt feel a sense of pride over the events of yesterday when they should in fact nothing but shame and regret, however, not much chance of that. Time to move on Jay Stansfield and honour your fathers` memory by becoming the best player that you can.

Aug 6, 2022
Plays for England U21's. Lad's got real potential and he always plays an absolute blinder against us. Looks sensational whenever he plays us.

Reactions: Hank Moody